SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 13-10-18, 12:08 PM   #1
phi-dan

Default SK1 for project / spares / repair

It is with a heavy heart that I must offer up for sale my SK1, but unfortunately I do not have the time or space to fix it

X plate, 40k miles

I'll start with the bad bits:
The alternator magnets disintegrated (rotor has been since replaced) but there is some debris still floating round the sump / gearbox. I know this as bits of it got jammed in the oil pump (at dual carriageway speed), with the obvious consequences.
It really needs a full strip-down, clean, and rebuild of the engine to a) clear out all the debris and b) replace the bits destroyed by oil starvation.
There is also a pin hole in the base of fuel tank. I had tried to plug it with repair putty, but no joy. It is unrelated to the crease in the side of the fuel tank - that was me dropping it onto the garage racking the day I bought it (D'Oh!)

The rest of the bike is as you would expect for its age - it's been a daily commuter all year round. It's not going to win any beauty pageants but it sailed through its last MOT, and rode beautifully. The fairing has been repainted at some point, and it's not a perfect colour match. A couple of cracks have been repaired.
I also have a genuine belly pan, which is not currently fitted (brackets are fitted tho).

The tyres are Michelin PR2s, with masses of life left in them. Brakes were replaced this year with refurbished items front and back, new pads all round, and there are HEL hoses up front.
The electrical system is good (now that the rotor has been replaced), and the battery holds its charge.
Rider's seat has been re-covered.

There is also a Fabbri double-bubble screen fitted, with a genuine SV650.org decal - that's worth an extra 10bhp any day of the week

Exhaust is stock.

Luggage is handled by a Givi rack, complete with 40l(ish) Kappa box

As well as the bike there is a load of spares which are included as I have no further need of them:
Haynes manual
Abba stand adpators (I'm keeping the stand - sorry)
Cut-down rider's seat (genuine, but re-covered)
Generator coils + cables
Reg-rec
Original brake hoses + splitter
Adjustable levers (Pazzo knock-offs)
Starter motor (used, working)
Starter motor refurb kit (for when it stops working)
Original brake calipers (in need of refurb), pads have plenty of life left in them
Spare set of crash bungs
SK2 Adjustable fork tops - in need of washers and cut-down spacer

Price: £400 ono for the lot
You will need a van or trailer as it's going nowhere under its own power right now.
Collection from Camborne, Cornwall

Last edited by phi-dan; 14-01-19 at 07:25 AM.
phi-dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-18, 07:48 AM   #2
phi-dan

Default Re: SK1 for project / spares / repair

Anyone for a winter project?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Old 14-01-19, 07:26 AM   #3
phi-dan

New year, new project?
Price dropped, or make me an offer.

Was: Red curvy S: crash bungs, double bubble screen, fenda extenda, HEL front lines, OEM belly pan
Now: Blue FZ6 Fazer
Old 02-04-19, 12:21 PM   #4
phi-dan

Last call before it goes on the Bay of e
Old 03-04-19, 10:11 AM   #5
phi-dan

Now listed on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143199648391
Old 13-04-19, 02:29 PM   #6
phi-dan