SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 06-03-09, 11:15 PM   #1
haggis

Default Millenium Motorcycles..... again.

Heya all. I'm looking for advice about a dealer down your way.

I was searching through Biketrader online and I'm tempted by Millenium Motorcycle's (St. Helens) prices for new pre-reg'd bikes but having just read a previous thread slating them I'm a bit concerned to say the least.

Also, they seem to be mostly imports. Anything I should be concerned about? They're offering a 2yr warranty.

Do any of you have an opinion on them?
Old 06-03-09, 11:31 PM   #2
slark01

Default Re: Millenium Motorcycles..... again.

They are pricey and after sales are not that good.
However, because they changed hands again you might get a deal, but I doubt it. Especially because it's the same guy managing the place.
Old 07-03-09, 10:45 AM   #3
haggis

The folks over on visordown dont speak too highly of them ,lol.

Think i'll give them a wide berth. Just got a bad feeling about their customer relations etc. from speaking to a few of them on the phone. Cant really put my finger on it, but something is telling me "beware" so I'm going with my gut instinct.
Old 07-03-09, 01:55 PM   #4
Neeja

The bit upstairs selling gear is pretty good and the guys in there seem to know what they're on about. A bit pricey, but sometimes they have some amazing sale offers (there was a full race suit in there on offer at £150 in November...got home and looked it up and it'd cost £650 new - just that nobody could fit into it 'cause it was a tiny size).

Unfortunately the bike sales team don't seem that great...there's a bearded guy in there who always hassles me whenever I go in. Wouldn't mind, but his jokes are crap.

As for pricing on the bikes, it's very, very hit and miss. 99% of the time it's overpriced, but occasionally there are some very good offers. They were offering new ER6Fs at £3.2k with 0% finance back in September.
Old 07-03-09, 03:16 PM   #5
stewie

I used to use millenium for various bits and pieces, they were a bit pricey but a friendly enough bunch, then they went bankrupt for the second time, eventually they where bought by a local group called KJM, since then Ive only popped in a couple of times, its not the same, but they do sell a lot of bikes apparently including MV, Cagiva, ducati, Benelli and the usual suspects as well, there,s plenty worse out there though.
Old 07-03-09, 08:00 PM   #6
Speedy Claire

In honesty I`ve only ever heard bad about them. As someone has already said the accessories part upstairs is ok but I think the bike sales and after sales service is extremely questionnable. The staff can also be extremely rude and not very helpful if you try to complain about something.
Old 08-03-09, 09:56 AM   #7
DaveP

this being only up the road from me i have been in lots. plenty to look at and some decent kit but a bit expensive. However they do have the odd sale item that bob on!!
Old 08-03-09, 10:20 AM   #8
-Ralph-

If your looking at coming down here to get a good price on a new bike, then it doesn't really matter what the dealer is like as you will never deal with them again.

The 2yr warranty will be a manufacturers warranty so any issues can be dealt with by a scottish dealer.

Just make sure you check all the PDI items when you get home in case they haven't done them properly, or ask a scottish dealer to do it at your first service.

You will have to remember that you'll need to pay for the first service at a scottish dealer as by the time you've ridden it home it'll be within a couple of hundred miles of being due, the first service is only usually free at the dealer you bought it from.
Old 08-03-09, 11:10 AM   #9
stewie

And if you do come give us border patrollers a shout
Old 08-03-09, 12:20 PM   #10
Girth
Mega Poster

I've heard bad about them, but i got a steal on some leathers and textiles through ebay before they went bust, before KJM bought them out.