SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-08-06, 09:39 PM   #1
ThEGr33k

Default Losing the limiter

Im getting really bored with my limited SV650, really itching for the limiter to disapear, but im gunna do it legally, can be arsed with getting done, not good. Its a K5 (ECU limited) and the power dont seem to come anywere it gets to 7000rpm and its not pulling though it still revs.

Im wondering if anyone here has enperienced the difference when they have put the origional ECU back in? (not curvey i think itll feel different).

Hope it does get rid of the itch
Old 04-08-06, 09:48 PM   #2
MattTheLoony

Can't help but the curvey doesn't have an ECU
Old 04-08-06, 10:07 PM   #3
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTheLoony
Can't help but the curvey doesn't have an ECU
I know, thats why i said they wouldnt be the same... I really ant to see a Dyno for my bike but cant be arsed to pay for one, not that bothered, if anyone has one for limited sv650 k3+ then show me plz
Old 04-08-06, 10:14 PM   #4
Davido

Yeah I know exactly how you feel. I was mainly getting bored with the power not being there when trying to overtake on motorways.

After a week being restricted, I may or may not have put the original back in and found that it was much better.

It was painful having it restricted, you couldn't maintain high speeds without making the engine feel like it was on the verge of giving up. But now that it may possibly or may possibly not be as Mr Suzuki intended it to be, you can cruise along at 90 quite happily. (Private roads only, officer)

If you don't mind the slight *ahem* issue of invalid insurance, do it and it will increase your riding pleasure infinitely.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-08-06, 10:27 PM   #5
ThEGr33k

How different was the pull, did it feel like it kept pulling, instead of giving up like you say. It sucks when you get to 100 (mph or kmph?? :P) and it stops going and a ****ing boy racer has had you.... beat em in the corners mind :P
Old 04-08-06, 10:30 PM   #6
kwak zzr

unrestricted the sv pull's hard up to about 9k in all the gears to its 130ish top speed.
Old 04-08-06, 11:04 PM   #7
svrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
unrestricted the sv pull's hard up to about 9k in all the gears to its 130ish top speed.
Keeps pulling past 9k with the intake cams on the exhaust side infact, it pulls all the way to the rev limiter

Mine are up for sale soon shameless plug but true IMEPM for details
Old 04-08-06, 11:41 PM   #8
muffles

my unrestricted sv dulls after bout 70mph. it doesn't have the top end to really pull all the way, but it will get there pretty quick (just doesn't feel as quick as up to 70).

if you want it unrestricted, just go do the test! that's what i've heard is the best approach, by the time you've been riding a while on a restricted bike you should be able to go pick up a cbf500 and do the test...
Old 05-08-06, 10:37 AM   #9
G - renamed

Default Re: Losing the limiter

Personally, I'm not a fan of the SV power delivery - never feels like it's going anywhere really to me.

However a couple of times in the last year I've experienced an SV with around that sort of HP.
At Brands Hatch last week I had my bike dynod after the first race on Sunday - it was hard work and I was getting passed on straights that I shouldn't have been.
Dyno showed 35hp maximum. (Still managed a 55.1 second best lap at an 11 place though ).

Got the problem sorted (had lost a bolt from the top cover of one of the carbs, letting the cover come off pretty much) - and it definitely felt like it had a lot more energy and 'bite'.
Then came off in the next race .
Old 05-08-06, 03:49 PM   #10
ThEGr33k

**** sorry to hear about that!

You say it stops pulling at 70mph, try it limited then youll never complain!