SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 18-06-10, 09:57 AM   #201
Specialone

Default Re: Always wear yer ferkin leathers. Graffic images.

TBH, that pic does look too clean, i cant see how you could do that without an enormous amount of blood loss, swelling and bruising being evident.
He would have to have been doing a good speed to do that i would imagine so other damage would have occurred surely?
Id wager its a good fake, not convinced about the shredder pic either, the blades on a shredder are very close together, not enough spacing between them to get bones in.
Old 18-06-10, 10:01 AM   #202
G
Mega Poster

There was an episode of Real A&E on tv the other day. A biker wearing jeans crashed and his leg was in a worse state that that.

They were picking up sections of bone fragmant from the road.

He crash at 45mph.
Old 18-06-10, 10:11 AM   #203
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
There was an episode of Real A&E on tv the other day. A biker wearing jeans crashed and his leg was in a worse state that that.

They were picking up sections of bone fragmant from the road.

He crash at 45mph.
I bet he had other injuries as well and the wound looked dirtier than that one?
Old 18-06-10, 10:52 AM   #204
-Ralph-

That sort of damage could be done by hitting a damaged sharp piece of car bodywork I suppose, but gravel rash doesn't look like that.

We either need Electro to reply and tell us what the source was, or someone like Paiste or Specialone's OH to look at it and give us an opinion (not that I'd ask anyone to look at it who didn't want to mind!)

I reckon there would be blood soaked into the trackkie bottoms and all down the leg. Are there any main arteries down that section of leg that has been destroyed down to the bone?

Last edited by -Ralph-; 18-06-10 at 10:57 AM.
Old 18-06-10, 01:31 PM   #205
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
That sort of damage could be done by hitting a damaged sharp piece of car bodywork I suppose, but gravel rash doesn't look like that.

We either need Electro to reply and tell us what the source was, or someone like Paiste or Specialone's OH to look at it and give us an opinion (not that I'd ask anyone to look at it who didn't want to mind!)

I reckon there would be blood soaked into the trackkie bottoms and all down the leg. Are there any main arteries down that section of leg that has been destroyed down to the bone?
We are certainly always told that any deep laceration to the thigh is a dangerous one due to the main arteries in it. Although, I'm not exactly sure where they run but there are some there.
Old 18-06-10, 01:34 PM   #206
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
We are certainly always told that any deep laceration to the thigh is a dangerous one due to the main arteries in it. Although, I'm not exactly sure where they run but there are some there.
I thought they were somewhere up the inside but could be wrong.
Old 18-06-10, 01:43 PM   #207
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

I think the Femoral Artery runs down the inside of the leg but to be honest, from where I believe it to be, I would think that the picture may well be a fake as that is very deep tissue damage that goes quite far up the inner thigh, so I don't see how it could have missed it...

BUT...I am not a medical professional, have no medical background or training, just going on what is in my head.

Last edited by gruntygiggles; 18-06-10 at 01:44 PM.
gruntygiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-10, 01:57 PM   #208
darylB

Doesn't look real to me, not enough blood, jeans should have bee soaked in blood i would have thought, and who would sit some one in what appears to be a sitting position, would have been flat on his back with leg up to slow bleeding.

Daryl.
Old 18-06-10, 02:02 PM   #209
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
I think the Femoral Artery runs down the inside of the leg but to be honest, from where I believe it to be, I would think that the picture may well be a fake as that is very deep tissue damage that goes quite far up the inner thigh, so I don't see how it could have missed it...

BUT...I am not a medical professional, have no medical background or training, just going on what is in my head.
Yes, you're right it runs on the inside of the leg. Looking at the picutre (if it is real) then the rider was lucky and didn't cut the artery.

If you do, the chances of surviving are slim, unless you get some direct presure on in the right place (difficult) or a tornique on pretty dam fast, as you'll bleed to death very quickly.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-10, 06:25 PM   #210
Electro

You are all correct, well those of you who have said you aren`t medical experts anyway. I wouldnt have posted the pic if it was fake. You may want to ask Gene genie who lives in Mossley if there are witness appeal signs at the zebra crossing nr the diy shop. A friend of the injured asked me if I had heard about the accident today as he assumed that because I rode a bike I would know him. The flesh was removed by the car, not by going down the road.