SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-02-05, 03:00 PM   #1
shutdown

Default A question for the ones that injured themselves while riding

I'm doing some work for a road safety project in the East Midlands. Bare Bones Project

It's to tackle to issue of not wearing protective clothing while riding a bike. It's ideally aimed at 16 - 19 year olds that ride scooters (obviously some ride RS125's etc).
We've all seen these kids in their trainers and designer label jeans tearing around.

We need some good quality graphic photos from anyone that had an off while riding, possibly whilst riding without the correct gear.

If not, any photos of hand, foot or leg injuries caused by your accident would also be ideal. Your identity will remain hidden.

Strange request I know but the original photos we had weren't good enough to get the message across.

The photos will be put onto a few posters and leaflets and then given out at schools,colleges etc around the Notts/Derbyshire area and then later on possibly to Leics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by us.

Please PM me for my email address to send the photos.

I'm so rude!!!! I forgot to say please, so please please please help us!
Old 18-02-05, 03:06 PM   #2
Grinch

I don't have any photo's of my my damage, though I did take all the skin off my leg as I was only wearing jeans.
I've also had a broken thumb, which could have been much worse but I 'was' wearing all my gear that time. I do have a Xray of that. Bigape's got some interesting pic's, that could have been much, much worse.
Old 18-02-05, 03:09 PM   #3
Grinch

Oh and my wife survied headbutting a steel gurder at 40mph as she had here Arai helmet on. And after seeing the damage she would have been in quite a mess if she didn't have it. I think it might be under the stairs still, I have to have a look when I get home.
Old 18-02-05, 03:10 PM   #4
shutdown

Ta!

Anything you've got will do. We'll use what has the most impact.
Old 18-02-05, 03:16 PM   #5
Flamin_Squirrel

I've got a leather jacket I've slid down the road in, want a picture of that?
Old 18-02-05, 03:21 PM   #6
jonboy

I have a feeling BigApe can help you out with some rather graphic pics .

Old 18-02-05, 03:22 PM   #7
shutdown

Anything will do

any photo needs to be approved through meetings so give me all you got and they can choose the ones they like.

Actually, even photos even if you were riding with protective gear on. It's the shock tactic we're after
Old 18-02-05, 04:10 PM   #8
Jabba

Don't forget that bloke in America who came off his sportsbike (GSXR1000?) wearing only shorts, t-shirt and trainers........ pics are on the 'net somewhere
Old 18-02-05, 04:59 PM   #9

Default Re: A question for the ones that injured themselves while ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown
I'm doing some work for a road safety project in the East Midlands. Bare Bones Project

It's to tackle to issue of not wearing protective clothing while riding a bike. It's ideally aimed at 16 - 19 year olds that ride scooters (obviously some ride RS125's etc).
We've all seen these kids in their trainers and designer label jeans tearing around.

We need some good quality graphic photos from anyone that had an off while riding, possibly whilst riding without the correct gear.

If not, any photos of hand, foot or leg injuries caused by your accident would also be ideal. Your identity will remain hidden.

Strange request I know but the original photos we had weren't good enough to get the message across.

The photos will be put onto a few posters and leaflets and then given out at schools,colleges etc around the Notts/Derbyshire area and then later on possibly to Leics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated by us.

Please PM me for my email address to send the photos.

I'm so rude!!!! I forgot to say please, so please please please help us!
Hi, i appreciate what ur trying to do, and any road safety camaign is an excellent idea, i agree , the biggest offenders are those who are ogf that age group, mainly cause the gear cost a fortune and its not a legal requirment! whre as insurance is!

But what about the mor e mature riders i see on zxr's and gsxrs in the summer?? sorry, but they get me going mre than anything, no gear on a bike capable of 150mph, thinsk wee need to educate both ends of the scales. and they are way more likely to be able to afford the damed stuff in the first place!

Sorry bout this, but kinda feel persicuted as a young biker all ready, if i was at college and was handed that, but i couldnt afford better gear, then im sorry would **** me right off. i m not sure weather it will work or make them resent it / you further,

Just my thoughts froma young rider in your target audiance!
Old 18-02-05, 05:10 PM   #10
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: A question for the ones that injured themselves while ri

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819
but i couldnt afford better gear, then im sorry would p*ss me right off. i
You dont need to spend a lot of money to give yourself a decent level of protection, some is better than none

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote