SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-05-07, 10:16 AM   #1
Ed

Default Numb fingers

no not from a vibey bike (my bike doesn't misbehave) but from a compressed air can thingy I used to clean my keyboard. Or is it a cold burn? I dunno but it's very sore. Someone will explain the science of it no doubt?
Old 08-05-07, 10:29 AM   #2
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: Numb fingers

Most likley vibrations causing it; i cant think it would be cold enough to give a cold-burn?

Matt
Old 08-05-07, 10:51 AM   #3
Whynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
no not from a vibey bike (my bike doesn't misbehave) but from a compressed air can thingy I used to clean my keyboard. Or is it a cold burn? I dunno but it's very sore. Someone will explain the science of it no doubt?
how dirty was your keyboard ??
Old 08-05-07, 11:07 AM   #4
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
P*V = n*R*T

P = pressure
V = volume
n = number of mols of gas
R = gas constant
T = temperature in Kelvin

Sorry,

I wouldn't think the can would have got cold enough unless you sprayed your fingers accidently.
Old 08-05-07, 11:09 AM   #5
MeridiaNx

Nah vibes won't cause it, I use cans of compressed air to clean my PC out and they don't vibe at all.....unless you have an industrial one rigged to a generator perhaps?

I'm not sure of the exact science, something to do with pressure/gases I guess, though I'm off to Google to check right now and will be back with an answer. But yes, if you hold the button down continuously the can starts to get very, very, very cold and it's can be one of those things that is so cold you kindof don't feel it to begin with.

I imagine you've given yourself an ice-burn type thing/chillblain. Just need to use the can in bursts I find. Will be back with the L'Oreal 'science bit' later, or was it Pantene Pro-V?

EDIT: there you go, someone who remembers their physics already beat me to the science bit....though I suspect Law may have suspiciously silky smooth curls
Old 08-05-07, 11:14 AM   #6
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeridiaNx View Post

EDIT: there you go, someone who remembers their physics already beat me to the science bit....though I suspect Law may have suspiciously silky smooth curls
Nope, I don't remember the Ideal Gas Law from my GCSE/A-Level physics.

Google is my friend as well. *Shakes my silky locks*
Old 10-05-07, 02:46 AM   #7
Filipe M.

It's cold alright, but with two days of delay you probably knew that already... slow night at the (home) office, never mind me, carry on...