SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2008 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2008 SV650.org's annual rideout.

Old 17-06-08, 02:43 PM   #1
plowsie

Default The Up North, EAR and Midlands lot....

Woulda posted in a regional section, but as you can see

Are there any ideas for a meet to get to the AR. Still trying to decide either a twisty or a straight route there, Google maps tells me just under 3 hours the straight way, so i could easily make that 4 with a nice route down Or just go the boring way

Just wanted to know if anyone had any plans etc to get down there that they may want company with or likewise if anyone would be interested if I can sort something?
Old 17-06-08, 04:15 PM   #2
Ed

Default Re: The Up North, EAR and Midlands lot....

Plowsie - I posted this up on the Border Patrol section. Probably a bit out of the way for EAR peeps. If I were further north then I'd take the M56 to J10 and take the A49 to S'bury and then as below. Up to you, some want there quick via the M6.

On leaving Shrewsbury - I was thinking of leaving about 11am ish, maybe a bit later - it's only 2.5 - 3 hours to Bristol. Perhaps we could all meet at Shrewsbury Services, at the junction of the A5 and A49? Route:
  • A49 to not quite Ross-on-Wye
  • A4137 to the A40
  • A40 to Monmouth - we could meet Luckypants here
  • A466 through the Wye Valley to Chepstow (nice bit of road this, bit narrow around Tintern)
  • A48/M48 across the Severn Bridge
  • M4/M32 into Bristol City Centre
  • Stay on the inner ring road straight to Fowlers
  • http://tinyurl.com/52fqx8
I then have to hop up to Clifton with darylB to collect Fran, it's 2 miles max, doesn't take long (on a bike). Then, depending on whether other people are travelling at the same time, meet up again at Fowlers for a ride down the A37. Or, darylB and I could go straight to Fran's house, pick him up and then meet up with everyone at Fowlers.