SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 29-04-17, 11:29 AM   #3321
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

This needs a clean

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 29-04-17, 12:41 PM   #3322
yokohama

I'm definitely interested in the light meter - and the little T18 flash, unless anyone else wants it.
Is the Hoya for an OM mount?
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-17, 04:13 PM   #3323
Kenzie

Hey Yoko, I picked up a Super Paragon 28mm f2.8 in C/Y fit if you are interested? I have the Hanimex 28mm so don't really need it. Was only £2 but can send it up? You will never guess what wants to live... The Canon A1 you sent me. I picked up an AE-1 at the same time as the lens (£2 each) and I was playing around with it. I manually cranked the film winder on each of them and now they both work. AE-1 is missing its bottom plate though, and also fails to fire every third shot. Misplaced the winder for the A1 so will put it back together when I find it. Johnny, how has your day of tinkering been?

Last edited by Kenzie; 29-04-17 at 06:33 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-17, 06:56 PM   #3324
yokohama

I'm impressed that you've got that Canon breathing again. Conversely, I put some batteries in the Minolta XG-M but the LEDs aren't coming on. Need to have a good look at it later. I know you had it working so there must be a little something out of sync somewhere. I see what you mean about the film speed dial too.
Funny you should mention the Super Paragon, I missed out on one of those on Ebay a couple of weeks ago although it was for M42. I don't have a wide angle prime for C/Y so if you don't want it, I'd love it.
Old 29-04-17, 07:05 PM   #3325
Kenzie

Will pop it in the post. I had no idea what the mount was but for £2 who can complain. It came from a re-use shop at the local dump amazingly enough. The XG-M did light up and fire so not sure what has happened there. The A1 has bad Canon cough but seems to work.
Old 29-04-17, 07:19 PM   #3326
yokohama

Great, thanks. I can try the lens out as there's a film in the FX3.
XG-M is probably just a contact or something. I'll have a look when I take the top plate off and try to free up the ISO dial.
Re use shop at the dump is a new one on me. I did a tour of the charity shops in town today but nothing doing.
Old 29-04-17, 07:53 PM   #3327
Kenzie

I went there a while back and there was a developing tank but they wanted too much for it. Was passing today so popped in.
Old 29-04-17, 09:37 PM   #3328
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Job-lot-of...-/292097622198
Kenzie never mind the cameras, the bundle has 2x 126 films
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-17, 09:20 AM   #3329
Kenzie

Thanks Johnny, have popped a bid on. Going to go for a walk on the coast today, got some films I need to finish. Should be a nice day for it. Picked up a fully functional Voigtlander Vitomatic II for a great price while out and about. Its another of those that needs film in to work so people think it is faulty. A lot heavier than the Vito B but comes with meter, coupled rangefinder and f2.8 50mm Color Skopar lens.

I very quickly finished off the roll in the Kodak 126 today, and have developed the film. I have images! Just waiting for them to dry now.

Last edited by Kenzie; 30-04-17 at 05:09 PM.
Old 30-04-17, 06:09 PM   #3330
yokohama

50% success with the XG-M today. took the shutter button assembly apart and attacked it with meths. Also completely dismantled the film speed dial, cleaned and reassembled, which took me ages to get right. We now have LEDs responding to different light levels, but I can't get it to fire. . Next project for a rainy day.