SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Riding Gear Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 07-05-09, 09:58 AM   #1
Rai86

Default Ladies of the org (and gentleman too, if you care to comment)...

Ladies of the org (and gentleman too, if you care to comment) ....Just looking to do I bit of market research so if I could ask your advice that would be wonderful....

Both riders and pillions:

When looking at bike website's and shops what sort of thing do you tend to look at?

Leathers or Textile, cheap ish...does any of the casual clothing take your fancy, what sort of look do you prefer....etc?

Do you have any problems with website mainly being aimed at male bikers?

Any thoughts or comments on female kit or brands would be very useful....

Thank you
Old 07-05-09, 10:12 AM   #2
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: Ladies of the org (and gentleman too, if you care to comment)...

I've noticed stores have poor selection for us females.
Other than that what I look at depends on what I need/want.

I think the bigger brands cater quite well for women a*s, dainese?, frank thomas infact some budget brands do a bit - but it's usually in a patronising pink.
[/girlmode off]
Old 07-05-09, 10:28 AM   #3
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
but it's usually in a patronising pink.
This is true actually. I like my gear to be plain and inconspicuous, after all why should I pay extra for colour, it's not going to provide any more protection when I'm sliding down a road (Oh and I despise pink).

When I have more time I'll be shopping for some more leathers, I love mine to bits so will be sad to replace them. Saying that, I haven't really spent much time shopping for brand new stuff, other than gloves and lids, due to lacking finances but if I was I wouldn't head straight for Dainese and the bigger brands. Bargains can be found all over the shop
Old 07-05-09, 10:33 AM   #4
ophic
Mega Poster

Miss Ophic can't find any textile trousers short enough. The knee pads end up half way down her foreleg.
Old 07-05-09, 10:43 AM   #5
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Liz looks for

Plain Colours i.e black not Pink or Blue or with flowers on them, she dislikes prety much all the womens specific kit because it looks to girly. Although she did see a lovely Spidi 2 piece suit in Girlsbike2 a while ago but it was prohibatively at the time expensive.

She'll look at Leathers and Textiles

She looks for jackets designed for riding in rather than stuff cut for pillions i.e with a stupid short back so that the jacket rides up when shes riding the Ducati.

Price is 2nd to whether it actuallly fits her properly in the first place. Which alot of it doesnt and she ends up buying blokes stuff as that isnt designed for size 6 stick thin tall models.

She'll go for plain stuff that doesnt shout "I'm a girl on a bike"

We've spent a stupid amount of time in bike shops looking for kit, Womens market seems very small and thats why alot of shops dont carry it and buying online is a risk as it might not fit so she likes to try stuff on before she'll buy anything.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-09, 10:43 AM   #6
Rai86

Yeh i find that problem with leathers and textile - being too long in the leg.

Im not a very girlie girl and hate having flowers and pinkness over my leathers lol

The reason im wordering about this is a friend of mine is setting up a business and has asked for advise on Ladies gear. I have told him how frustrated i get with buying kit...and fort i would open the question up to the org about what sort of brands and kit he should stock in order to help female bikers and pillions....
Old 07-05-09, 10:51 AM   #7
lily

My leather jacket is a females, in plain black and white. I wanted something that also wasn't pink or white all over (very difficult to find)
My textile jacket is grey with a bit of glitter on it. (I don't really like wearing it.... I got it as i needed a textile jacket and the only one the shop had that fitted me was that one...... the reason its been worn only a handful of times.

My textile trousers i have worn twice..... they are not comfortable. To short in the leg (34" inside leg). My leather trousers i could live in for how comfortable they are...... but they are from the blokes section........ I could not get any of the female trousers to fit me due to my leg length. The other trousers i like are my dragon jeans but they are unisex so thats why they fit well

Its a pain in the **** how little woman stuff there is actually in most bike shops
Old 07-05-09, 11:12 AM   #8
madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
Miss Ophic can't find any textile trousers short enough. The knee pads end up half way down her foreleg.
Ibby has a similar problem.
Old 07-05-09, 11:20 AM   #9
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
Ibby has a similar problem.
so do I , I bought some leathers off quiff last year, cracking fit but a tad to long in the leg, though Id get em chopped down, was gonna cost somthing like £70 - £90 to have em altered, I can totally sympathise with anyone who,s not the ''perfect'' size and shape
Old 07-05-09, 11:21 AM   #10
Rai86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
Its a pain in the **** how little woman stuff there is actually in most bike shops
Exactly why I asked...hopefully if i pitch some ideas to my friend he will develop a site that caters equally for male and female kit