SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Helmets Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 17-05-05, 12:26 PM   #31
Twit

I've been using a Caberg flip front for a year now and covered 15000 miles with no probs at all! It never mists, doesn't leak, gets used in really foul weather and always cleans up fine. And the inner visor is genius. I really like Caberg helmets and well worth the small price!
Old 25-05-05, 01:58 PM   #32
Ceri JC

Finally picked mine up, initial impressions are very good- easy to operate all the vents etc. with gloves on. V. noisey with vents open, but acceptable with them closed. Looks absolutely mint too. Loads of non-bikers at work spotted it and commented on it.

Has anyone here who has go one worked out how to fit the windstopper? I can see where it's meant to go, but the middle of the leather-like material gets caught on the chin vent switch and won't go in far enough. It is at the front/bottom of the helmet, at the bottom of the chin guard that this is meant to go, right? Any tips on fitting it?

Cheers.
Old 25-05-05, 02:05 PM   #33
diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC
Finally picked mine up, initial impressions are very good- easy to operate all the vents etc. with gloves on. V. noisey with vents open, but acceptable with them closed. Looks absolutely mint too. Loads of non-bikers at work spotted it and commented on it.

Has anyone here who has go one worked out how to fit the windstopper? I can see where it's meant to go, but the middle of the leather-like material gets caught on the chin vent switch and won't go in far enough. It is at the front/bottom of the helmet, at the bottom of the chin guard that this is meant to go, right? Any tips on fitting it?

Cheers.
Not really sure where you gettin the problem, mine slipped straight into place with the cut out bit for the vent switch. Just push it into the gap beween the plastic bit that says open and closed and the plastic that lines the front of the helmet.

HTH
Old 25-05-05, 02:11 PM   #34
Ceri JC

Cheers Ed, when I was trying initially, I was trying to put the plastic bit in horizontally, rather than vertically in. I couldn't work out how to get it behind the ven switch, whereas it actually goes down the front. All in place now and looks like it should work well. Quick motorway blat to test it tonight.

Thanks again.
Old 25-05-05, 02:12 PM   #35
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC
It fits in like you describe but I too have found that once on you can't operate the front chin vent. If E.D. has a solution can she please illuminate? Thanks .

Old 25-05-05, 02:12 PM   #36
diamond

No problem.
Old 25-05-05, 02:35 PM   #37
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy

It fits in like you describe but I too have found that once on you can't operate the front chin vent. If E.D. has a solution can she please illuminate? Thanks .

Just fitted mine in vertically and the bit by the vent switch is just wedged down the front of the vent switch (the side nearest your neck as you'd wear it). This makes the switch a bit tighter, but it seems to work still.
Old 25-05-05, 02:44 PM   #38
diamond

Mine fits just right the cut out bit in the middle leaves enough room for the switch to operate fine.
Old 25-05-05, 02:54 PM   #39
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.d.
Mine fits just right the cut out bit in the middle leaves enough room for the switch to operate fine.
Well lucky you!

I'll have another play then .

Old 25-05-05, 03:29 PM   #40
jonboy

Okay had a play and found the reason I was having trouble was that the material on the windstopper thingy is out of true with the plastic. Mrs jonboy said "yes I can see that from here" from across the room.

So I've fiddled and pushed and prodded and it's just about acceptable and I can only just work the switch but not with the helmet on, but no great problem.

However I think the amount of material is less than required to do it's job properly as it keeps slipping back over my chin. Mrs jonboy has agreed to machine an extension ( ) if I find something suitable. Customised, hey!