SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-11-08, 06:56 PM   #1
aarond

Default fallout 3

Just been hearing about this game opinions seem good, so was off to get it then i had news my dad just got a ps3 now i dont know what to get on the 360 or the ps3 any opinions?
Old 20-11-08, 07:36 PM   #2
zsv650

Default Re: fallout 3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxbbbbbbbbbbbbbbboooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x it's the best game since oblivion how can you manage hours on a ps3 anyway with those godawfully uncomfortable light nastily made controllers anyway.
Old 20-11-08, 07:42 PM   #3
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

PC

trying to bind all those controls to a console controller will be like riding a bike using only your thumbs, plus the controller will cripple the FPS style of playing...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-08, 08:26 PM   #4
Kilted Ginger

Best RPG / FPS since oblivion, racked up about 20 hrs on it (360) not even on the same planet as the likes of farcry2 which i percivered with for 1 hr before trading in. Complete freedom to go / do what ever you want, accidentally blew the world up earlier and had to go back to a previous save, must think about why doing things rather than just doing them cause i can.

Very good handicaping of which weapons affect which creatures / armour types and accurately calculates damage and range factors, much more accurately than the likes of COD where you can snipe across an entire map with a sub mc gun

could be the basis for the first free flowing online rpg / fps on the 360, certainly make you more carefull about getting into a battle if you were likely to lose (say 50% of ) your weapons / salvage.

Loved Oblivion, this definately looks to be better.
Old 20-11-08, 09:06 PM   #5
zsv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Ginger View Post
Best RPG / FPS since oblivion, racked up about 20 hrs on it (360) not even on the same planet as the likes of farcry2 which i percivered with for 1 hr before trading in. Complete freedom to go / do what ever you want, accidentally blew the world up earlier and had to go back to a previous save, must think about why doing things rather than just doing them cause i can.

Very good handicaping of which weapons affect which creatures / armour types and accurately calculates damage and range factors, much more accurately than the likes of COD where you can snipe across an entire map with a sub mc gun

could be the basis for the first free flowing online rpg / fps on the 360, certainly make you more carefull about getting into a battle if you were likely to lose (say 50% of ) your weapons / salvage.

Loved Oblivion, this definately looks to be better.
it's good but better than oblivion i don't know
Old 20-11-08, 09:09 PM   #6
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650 View Post
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxbbbbbbbbbbbbbbboooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x it's the best game since oblivion how can you manage hours on a ps3 anyway with those godawfully uncomfortable light nastily made controllers anyway.
TBH Obivion for me was dull... Played it for a while but I just got bored with it. IMO these open world games suck Not my cuppa. Give me a story line any day. Compaired to the first 3 fallouts I dont like it after the hour I played it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
PC

trying to bind all those controls to a console controller will be like riding a bike using only your thumbs, plus the controller will cripple the FPS style of playing...

Indeed PC. Xbox 360 and PS3 are just playing at it... But if you HAVE to choose then 360 as the PS controller sucks
Old 20-11-08, 09:17 PM   #7
Kilted Ginger

Sorry guys, have to disagree, only games i prefer on the pc are strategy, C+C, LOTR etc, and i remember back to real rpgs where the trick was to type, "troll bump rock" rather than push, move, hit, shove, those were the days, bring back elite (now that's going back a bit) loaded off a 5.1/4 inch floppy.

new fangled wireless thingybobs, bah humbug.

All time favourite game Rivwer raid on the atari, closely followed bu jungle strike on the Sega, Its like wagon wheels as big as your face when you were wee, no matter how good things get they just cant compete with memories..

Go's off for a walk down nostalgia lane......
Old 20-11-08, 09:19 PM   #8
zsv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
TBH Obivion for me was dull... Played it for a while but I just got bored with it. IMO these open world games suck Not my cuppa. Give me a story line any day. Compaired to the first 3 fallouts I dont like it after the hour I played it.

Indeed PC. Xbox 360 and PS3 are just playing at it... But if you HAVE to choose then 360 as the PS controller sucks
only problem though is it costs alot of money to keep a pc playing the latest games smoothly if you buy a 360 at least you know you can play everything and it's gonna work properly.
Old 20-11-08, 10:16 PM   #9
slark01

Started playing it the other day..got out of the bunker went to the small town, got bored!
Will carry on after i've finished....
Jericho
Dead space
Call of duty - world at war
Grid
Far cry 2
Flatout ultimate carnage
Sooo maybe awhile off
Old 21-11-08, 09:34 AM   #10
G
Mega Poster

Seriously you need to play it just that little bit longer.

I was the same, when I had no weapons, no armour and had just started I thought the game was abit crap and couldnt get into it......then I played it a little bit longer and started meeting supermutants and got to the Citadel.......the game is just amazing and you have probably only see 2% of the entire world map if you have only got to Megaton.