SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-10-06, 10:11 AM   #631
Baph

In the UK:

It's illegal to eat a mince pie on christmas day!

It's also illegal to be drunk on any licenced premesis (bar or pub etc).

It is also illegal to leave baggage unattended, and picking up someone else's lost luggage is an act of terrorism.

Punching someone is an offence that carries a maximum sentence of 5 years.

Until three months ago, you could be sentenced to death in the UK for posting a letter. This is because placing a postage stamp that depicts the reigning monarch, upside down on the envelope, is considered treason. Until 3 months ago, treason was punishable by death!

Dodgeball is illegal in New York, since it's illegal to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.

Happy friday folks!
Old 27-10-06, 10:14 AM   #632
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness
TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be typed using only one row of the keyboard.
no its not. this is:-

QTRYQQTETRTTYTYUWQIWRTOPIUYTREWQERTYU

its Polish for "lets go to England"
Old 27-10-06, 10:41 AM   #633
Filipe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness
TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be typed using only one row of the keyboard.
no its not. this is:-

QTRYQQTETRTTYTYUWQIWRTOPIUYTREWQERTYU

its Polish for "lets go to England"
Looks like Welsh to me... oh forget it, not enough "yy".
Old 27-10-06, 10:59 AM   #634
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph
I'm fairly sure it's technically illegal to be drunk, full stop.
Old 27-10-06, 12:22 PM   #635
Jimmy2Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph
In the UK:

It's illegal to eat a mince pie on christmas day!

It is also illegal to leave baggage unattended, and picking up someone else's lost luggage is an act of terrorism.

Punching someone is an offence that carries a maximum sentence of 5 years.

Until three months ago, you could be sentenced to death in the UK for posting a letter. This is because placing a postage stamp that depicts the reigning monarch, upside down on the envelope, is considered treason. Until 3 months ago, treason was punishable by death!
Dodgeball is illegal in New York, since it's illegal to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.

Happy friday folks!
this is also true for stealing a new forest pony, but what people seem to not realize is that the death penalty was abolished.....well i dont know when, so even if you were to commit "treason" or steal a pony you would only go down for it!!! you life would remain!!
but one thing that you can still get killed for is showing a skull and crossbones flag on a boat/ship whilst at sea, the navy still have the right to blow you out of the water, not that they would but there is nothing stopping them do that at all!!!!

it might also interest you to know that, all you Scotsman out there it is still legal to shoot a Welshman on a sunday(i think) with a longbow!!! cant get done for that.

and whilst on the topic i think it is illegal to feed you cat on a sunday in your front garden in germany, but at the same time it is legal to run down and kill a sausage dog on a sunday in germany!! (i am still not sure whether to believe this one but you never know!!!)
Old 27-10-06, 12:25 PM   #636
Viper

Quote:
it might also interest you to know that, all you Scotsman out there it is still legal to shoot a Welshman on a sunday(i think) with a longbow!!! cant get done for that.
Any Scotsman fancy a bit of HOVI5 hunting this weekend
Old 27-10-06, 12:35 PM   #637
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by svnewboy
Quote:
sorry matey, im not welsh
Old 27-10-06, 12:36 PM   #638
Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovi5
Quote:
Originally Posted by svnewboy
Quote:
You live to fight another day
Old 27-10-06, 01:09 PM   #639
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2Feet
death penalty was abolished.....well i dont know when
27th September 1999, Jack Straw signed the 6th protocol of the European Convention of Human Rights, this abolished the death penalty.

My previous post relied on information from my boss being accurate. Who can guess the mistake I made there?
Old 27-10-06, 06:38 PM   #640
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovi5
Luckily, race discrimination laws mean that anything I can do to a Welshman, I can do to anyone else Anyone got a longbow? And a book that'll teach me how to shoot a longbow? And possibly some weights, so that I can bulk up enough that I can draw a longbow?
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote