SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-10-20, 07:15 AM   #8621
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Thats me too. It takes over your life. Its always over the things you can't control. The worst time, as Gary finds, is sleep when the subconscious kicks in and runs riot, amplifying all those worries. Things do have a way of sorting themselves out and thats what I have to keep telling myself.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 16-10-20, 10:21 AM   #8622
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Man plans and the Gods laugh...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...and-god-laughs

I also remember a famous military commander saying something like 'the best battle plan ever made never survived long after the first contact with the enemy'...

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by admin; 16-10-20 at 11:50 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-20, 11:50 AM   #8623
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I like that.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 16-10-20, 12:43 PM   #8624
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Yes, me too. Good post, thanks.

But I bet I will still wake at stupid o'clock in the morning and fret and despair again.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-20, 01:44 PM   #8625
shiftin_gear98

Sounds like the perfect time to grab a head torch and a pair of trainers.
And let the trails work their magic.
Old 16-10-20, 03:48 PM   #8626
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Sounds like the perfect time to grab a head torch and a pair of trainers.
And let the trails work their magic.
I'd love to Martin as it really does help, but I've damaged my ribs and walking quickly on rough ground is painful atm, never mind trail running. Pretty annoyed with myself about the injury as there's a social run tomorrow morning I'd love to do, but I can't even contemplate it until my ribs hurt less.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-20, 08:07 PM   #8627
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Yes, me too. Good post, thanks.

But I bet I will still wake at stupid o'clock in the morning and fret and despair again.
Not liking what I'm reading Gary, and it's a big indicator of stress, if it wasn't blooming obvious. I've been there, for numerous reasons, and my life has followed a similar path to yours recently.

To get some sleep and get my mind focussed I had to resort to the doctor and get some assistance from pills. Helped me through the bad patches, but I don't use them now.

I wish I could ease your worries, but it's not.

I hope something turns up, I really do
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-20, 10:46 PM   #8628
svenrico

Only suggestions, I am not a doctor, but I had trouble sleeping , or rather keeping waking up during the night several times and going to the toilet, and didn't get much sympathy from my usual doctor but then saw a younger dr who suggested I might have sleep apnoea and referred me to the sleep clinic of the local hospital who diagnosed severe obstructive sleep apnoea. This resulted in having my driving license revoked because I couldn't stand having the CPAP mask on my face to start with. I did soon after start treatment though and quickly felt much better but because of a c**k up between the hospital and DVLA didn't get my license back for 6 months. Anyway, that was 5 years ago and I sleep properly with the CPAP machine every night .The point is there might be a medical reason why people have trouble sleeping so it is worth getting a medical opinion (if you can get an appointment to see a doctor that is !)
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-20, 08:42 PM   #8629
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Have found these help, melatonin is the bodies natural sleep substance ( just as seratonin is our bodies natural wake up and feel good stuff ). I tried sleeping pills for a very short time but found they made me feel zonked for a large part of the next day... not good at all. Melatonin can also help relieve depression ( but so can getting a decent nights sleep ).

The 6 hour timed release are better than the instant hit ones, and although you can get stronger than 3mg at least if you have 3mg you can take 2 - if you have the stronger ones you cannot split a tablet as it destroys the timed release dosing. I used these when I worked shifts and traveling for work, often to time zones a long way from home. I find 3mg is fine for me.

They come from USA so allow 7 days and about £3 postage to UK

https://vitasunn.com/full-range/mela...ets-by-natrol/

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 17-10-20 at 08:49 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 08:59 AM   #8630
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

No ride out today and instead working at home with my left ear now screaming and blocked more than ever. Pressure in my head and very disorientated. Any sound sounds like a scramble of confusion in my head. NHS have informed me they no longer do syringing so have suggested I go private. Booked at a local place for micro suction the soonest they can get me in.. next Wednesday. Cost of £55 per ear. Could be worse. Could be better too.

A relativley minor gripe I know but definitley felling a bit glum today with current situation in the world and being stuck home feeling like I'm falling sideways.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote