SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-10-20, 11:43 AM   #8631
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Volvo drivers are back. They seemed to be ok for a while, but now they are back to their 40mph everywhere status.
Not so bad when on the bike, but very frustrating when in the car.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 12:00 PM   #8632
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
No ride out today and instead working at home with my left ear now screaming and blocked more than ever. Pressure in my head and very disorientated. Any sound sounds like a scramble of confusion in my head. NHS have informed me they no longer do syringing so have suggested I go private. Booked at a local place for micro suction the soonest they can get me in.. next Wednesday. Cost of £55 per ear. Could be worse. Could be better too.

A relativley minor gripe I know but definitley felling a bit glum today with current situation in the world and being stuck home feeling like I'm falling sideways.
Same here (hear). GP checked my ear Wednesday, its not blocked with wax, so clogged in my inner ear. None of the suggested treatments are working but I have to wait a week before I can go back and see the GP again. Its been a week since it started and fed up with it. I don't think it's infected, just full of gunk from a mild cold. Still mustn't grumble.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 18-10-20, 05:22 PM   #8633
yokohama

Riding along and there's a vehicle approaching in the opposite carriageway, it goes past and about 2 seconds later, an extremely strong smell of weed.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 05:40 PM   #8634
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post
Riding along and there's a vehicle approaching in the opposite carriageway, it goes past and about 2 seconds later, an extremely strong smell of weed.
Unfortunately seems socially acceptable to drink or drug drive these days. No police to enforce.

I'm not one for advocating it's legalisation, but seems it's semi legal anyway.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-20, 06:01 PM   #8635
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
No ride out today and instead working at home with my left ear now screaming and blocked more than ever. Pressure in my head and very disorientated. Any sound sounds like a scramble of confusion in my head. NHS have informed me they no longer do syringing so have suggested I go private. Booked at a local place for micro suction the soonest they can get me in.. next Wednesday. Cost of £55 per ear. Could be worse. Could be better too.

A relativley minor gripe I know but definitley felling a bit glum today with current situation in the world and being stuck home feeling like I'm falling sideways.
It isn't a minor gripe at all. I think I paid £50 for 2 ears at specsavers ,must have been on special offer !, but when I complained about being rejected by local hosptal because of long waiting list the gp got a letter sent to me giving a telephone number to ring with a choice of about 3 hospitals. When I rang they knew the waiting list at all these hospitals and I got in one on NHS within about 3 weeks. You can get in at specsavers in about a week if you pay. ps soften the wax up with olive oil drops for a few days before treatment other wise microsuction can't clear all hard wax. good luck - over and out.

Last edited by svenrico; 18-10-20 at 06:03 PM.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-20, 08:20 AM   #8636
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post
Very, very common round here and quite worrying. I don't know if legalisation would help or hinder with reducing smokers on the road. Probably more likely hinder although I can't wonder how many teenagers/people smoke it in their cars because there is nowhere socially acceptable to smoke nearer home.
Old 20-10-20, 07:24 AM   #8637
shiftin_gear98

FI light came on this morning on my way to work. Let the fun begin.
Old 20-10-20, 09:08 AM   #8638
shiftin_gear98

C46 -Exhaust Valve Actuator.

Sounds like a simple one to fix - I hope.
Old 23-10-20, 10:51 PM   #8639
svenrico

Oncoming drivers at night who wait until they have dazzled you before dipping their headlights.
Particularly dangerous on narrow country roads where there are no white lines and grass verges and edge of the road can be indistinct when dazzled.
Also running into large expanse of wet mud on road with tractor at other end with 'floodlight like' lights glaring at you.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-20, 11:59 PM   #8640
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Kids- predominantly girls, why are they so horrible to each other?

So Libby has fairly short hair and often gets mistaken for a boy (that doesn't bother her) but a couple of months ago she decided that she was going to grow her hair long so she could then get it cut and donate it to the little princess trust.

But today on the bus home from school another girl went up to her and asked if she was a boy or girl, despite the fact she was wearing a skirt. The girl the said loudly to her friend "omg, it's a girl, doesn't it know girls should have long hair?"

Result is she now wants to get her hair cut short again so that this girl doesn't think she's growing her hair because of what she said