SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-12-05, 09:23 AM   #1
Andy13_uk

Default Ok so i rang around for SV insureance

Hi, im not sure if any of you remember but asked about where to ring and this is the results, still have a few to ring but was quite bored after this lot as took ages, and by time had a break i needed to go to work.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2..._uk/Quotes.jpg

This look fair for a 17yo, low area, 1NCB, 5000miles a year?

Still got a few to try but these most of them.[/url]
Old 11-12-05, 11:28 AM   #2
Last Action Pimp

try roadsure (their number is in the back of mcn)

it was about £200 cheaper than other quotes
Old 11-12-05, 11:38 AM   #3
Andy13_uk

Added to the list to call, going to try them,C.I.A., Choice Quote,
Autonet insurance the haggle with a few till i get down to about £400 i think, thats the plan anyways!
Old 11-12-05, 12:53 PM   #4
Last Action Pimp

mine was £450 tpft, 2004 sv650 (not s) 3yrs no claims, living near heathrow and can ride any bike
Old 11-12-05, 03:07 PM   #5
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy13_uk
Added to the list to call, going to try them,C.I.A., Choice Quote,
Autonet insurance the haggle with a few till i get down to about £400 i think, thats the plan anyways!
Did I mention that CIA are either criminally incompetent or actual criminals? No? Well...

CIA are either criminally incompetent, or actual criminals. They sold me a policy that didn't cover me for what they'd promised, then took 4 months to refund the money, and breached the FSA codes of conduct on about a dozen occasions. Never come across anything like it.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-05, 03:18 PM   #6
Andy13_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
CIA are either criminally incompetent, or actual criminals. They sold me a policy that didn't cover me for what they'd promised, then took 4 months to refund the money, and breached the FSA codes of conduct on about a dozen occasions. Never come across anything like it.
What you mean a policy that wasnt what they promised? i think they sound a bit but may ring just to see what they quote and if good use it as a "can you beat this" for the others
Old 11-12-05, 04:13 PM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

Aye, I'd gone to great lengths to ensure that the policy would cover my modifications- since the bits would cost more than the bike to replace- and had it confirmed several times verbally... They never sent out the full policy details for something like 2 months, and tucked in the small print was "We cover you only to the cost of returning the vehicle to original manufacturer's specification"

So, 2 months inbto the policy, and when I raised it with them they refused to refund more than half, despite the fact that it was through their misselling. It took ages to get it sorted, finally got almost all of my payment back, but it wasn't just that- it was also that the bike was never covered to the level I'd paid for. If I'd crashed it, or it'd been nicked, it would've been a nightmare. Plus constant things like written confirmations that they'd get back to me with a decision in 21 days, and then never hearing from them again. Total cowboys.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 12:32 AM   #8
nuntius

seconding a call for roadsure

I'm 21, 2 ncb, sv650 k4, restrictor, 4000 miles, utterly crime free area (haven't seen a police man in about 2 years, nearest cop shop is 20 minutes away) previous theft on a scooter in another area

£385 , which was over £100 better than anyone else. I was previously with biketeam
Old 12-12-05, 01:45 AM   #9
hall13uk

all seem good i payed £1500 @ 19 tpft 1yr, ncb garage, alarm, brand new k4 sv650s, alpha dot, bike safe, 3bhp restriction, high risk postcode .

hth in your decision my 13uk friend from seaford .
Old 12-12-05, 06:56 AM   #10
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall13uk
, 3bhp restriction, .