SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-07-12, 07:33 PM   #91
Geese

Default Re: Improving comfort on the SV?

I found lunges and exercises for the inside of the leg to be very benifical for the sv
Old 01-07-12, 09:27 PM   #92
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Hi Agy,

I have a suggestion for you. Why not try a bike that has had a full big bar conversion? I have such a bike and I am only in Weston Super Mare. We work on Weston Bike Night every Thursday and you would be welcome over here. Catch the train or bus if the ride over to ours is too much and then give my bike a try.

This is what I originally did to my bike and and it is roughly a weekend of work to sort out once the bits are ready to go.

I read on here somewhere a good way of reinforcing the standard S model top yoke so that you can drill it and then fit a set of risers. Possibly talk to Yokie Chris about this, I seem to recall it was him who did it. A good engineering shop should be able to do this for you. Another way was done by a friend who welded a set of risers onto a Kawasaki top yoke when he built his streetfighter. It took a lot of work because he mirror polished it all after the welding was finished.

With a Bar conversion like this, you will need to adjust clutch, throttle and brake lines. Your wiring loom may also need lengthening too. This is why I would say that it is a weekend of work. No matter how you do it, the cost is high, but very worth it afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-12, 06:32 AM   #93
agy

I'm worried about doing something drastic like full bar conversion in case I decide this bike is not for me after all and I will struggle to sell it :/
Old 02-07-12, 06:36 AM   #94
agy

Quote:
You managed to get leg extensions and the tummy tuck for a grand? Send me name of your surgeon!

Agy, if you want to try my scooped out lowered gel seat then I can bring it into Soho and let you try it, I come by train so I'll just bung it in my bag.
Actually, don't bring it just in case I don't make it this Friday. Don't want you carrying around and then I'm not there. I won't know until Fri afternoon if I will make it
Old 02-07-12, 12:41 PM   #95
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by agy View Post
I'm worried about doing something drastic like full bar conversion in case I decide this bike is not for me after all and I will struggle to sell it :/
Mine was a drastic change to the styling and I kept the original parts for some time incase I wanted to change it back, but you know what? Now it is done, I cannot imagine wanting to sell her, even after riding the wife's bike for a while.

I love the position I have now, although I am thinking of changing my seat padding for longer rides.

Like I said, if you want to try it, you are welcome.
Quote:
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-12, 07:37 PM   #96
agy

I'd love to but it's a long way away and time wise not possible to come down.
Mark came down today, he measured me up and everything. We had a brilliant time chatting, discussing options etc. I'd love to see someone in the area with raised clip ons to try for size.
Old 02-07-12, 07:54 PM   #97
Fozzy

Im not in your area sadly else i would offer.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-07-12, 08:28 PM   #98
rictus01
Mega Poster

indeed I had a lovely afternoon with Agy, measuring reach and what not, we have discussed all the options and costs involved, hopefully what I passed on will help her decide which is the best way to go; making the bike more comfortable for her, I'll come up with a theoretical perfect ergonomic model, which will give a good idea of what and by how much the changes are needed, but we discussed many other options from bike geometry to riding style, which given practice may well help.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-12, 10:56 PM   #99
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by agy View Post
Mark came down today, he measured me up and everything.
I'll bet he did
Old 03-07-12, 06:54 AM   #100
Fozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
I'll bet he did
He has seen the videos on youtubes of her pole dancing

Why not try a new thread looking for someone in London with risers who would let you try them (if your insured for other bikes)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2