SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Helmets Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 20-05-09, 08:35 AM   #1
adamw2k2

Default AGV helmets?

Hi all, wondered if someone could give me a little advice on AGV helmets and how much they 'bed in' after new.

I'm looking to buy the K3 Asymmetry, my head sizes up to be at the top end of the medium size, but trying this on in the shop it seems to be too tight, squishing my cheeks together. The large seems a good fit, but I think that if it loosens anymore it will become too loose.

I know helmets are personal preference etc etc, but does anyone have experience with agv helmets, in particular this model, about how much they have worn in after wearing?

Thanks
Old 20-05-09, 08:56 AM   #2
Holdup

Default Re: AGV helmets?

Uncomfortably tight = too small
Too loose = Too big

Try different helmet makes and different AGV models, i had an small AGV K series about a year later i could twist it round on my head so i tried an XS K series and exactly the same could twist it round, it depends what helmet head you have tbh just try others on till you find the right one, i did and i found the arai condor XS which is snug as a bug in a rug on my bonce!
Old 20-05-09, 09:06 AM   #3
RichT

My Stealth took a little while to bed in. It's a medium and wasn't uncomfortable, but I do find it squeezes my cheeks more than my Arai.

It also doesn't have recesses for your ears, so they tend to get pinned in a bit.

As already stated try different models and sizes of the brand to see what fits right for you.
Old 21-05-09, 09:59 PM   #4
scottjames

ive got a gp tech rossi dreamtime and love it.

i tried on the newist k series and the small was too tight, like agony after just wearing it in the shop to the med which was far too loose.

my gp tech was very tight at first but after a couple of weeks its gone to being snug with little movement and just about leaves a faint mark on my cheeks when i take it off. which in my opinion is bout right.

i would say take the cheek pads out then try on the helmet, this should give you a better idea of how it fits your head then fit the cheek pads back and try gain. i say this as cheek pads will always wear in and are easily changed. spec agv as most places will swap the lining for difffernt sizes free of charge or so im told.
Old 22-05-09, 02:27 PM   #5
leesh00

ive got a stealth dragon, the sizes are a bit small compared to some other brands. I found mine pressed my cheeks in quite alot at first but it soon shaped to my head. Got to say that I love my stealth and find the aerodynamics at high speed spot on - no head wobble
Old 22-05-09, 05:53 PM   #6
Dicky Ticker

I have an S-4 and the internal padding was interchangeable in the shop ,so perfect fit
The only complaint is it is noisy compared to my BMW and that is a lift front helmet,so i need earplugs with the AGV.
Old 31-05-09, 08:47 AM   #7
Samurai Penguin

K4, a Medium does push my cheeks in a bit but is comfy enough for weekend riding. Not sure how it would feel on a long trip. They are a bit noisy, so I agree with other people here suggesting ear plugs.
Old 01-06-09, 10:58 AM   #8
adamw2k2

Thanks for all the replies, in the end I went with the K3 Asymmetry, this one here;

Although my head did size up to be a medium in the end I went with a large as the AGV sizes do seem to be a little small.

Upto now a brilliant helmet - although it is a little noisy.

Also good point about it not having pockets for your ears - so they do get pushed in a little but not enough to be uncomfortable