SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 10-10-09, 06:55 AM   #51
kellyjo

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_C View Post
Get naked.
Now thats a sight you REALLY dont wanna see!!!!

As for the bike, nah, i like all her plasticky bits, she stands out in a crowd and polishes up a treat Besides, its nice to have the screen to duck behind at 150mph
Old 11-10-09, 08:33 AM   #52
Sean_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Now thats a sight you REALLY dont wanna see!!!!

As for the bike, nah, i like all her plasticky bits, she stands out in a crowd and polishes up a treat Besides, its nice to have the screen to duck behind at 150mph

I've never been above 70
Old 11-10-09, 10:36 AM   #53
kellyjo

So what are you lot up to today then?
Having spent the whole of yesterday afternoon dismantling and reconstructing the bike to change 3 tiny bulbs (it worked, yay) i need to spend today with the kids, so we're gonna have a HUGE sunday lunch, toad in the hole, roast spuds and veg followed by apple and blackberry pie with ice cream, and then im taking them to an indoor play centre this afternoon so they can burn it off and i get to chill out
Old 11-10-09, 12:25 PM   #54
Sean_C

Yesterday was a right pain so today I'm relaxing and doing not a lot.

Yesterday I got up at 6 to go to future MIL's at Melton Mowbray, from where we went to Liverpool. Spent a few hours with miss sean c there, came home again. Car had a flat battery (no warning, had been fine til now) so a search for jump leads took place, resulting in a working car. Then I had to go to Rothwell on what turned out to be little country roads that went up and down like a *****'s drawers, hit a speed lump too fast because I spotted it too late- no street lights, no paint on it, carried on slowly, then took an even more country route from Corby to Rothwell, finally got there and got on the A14 home. Roadworks meant single lane open, a few people had a crash half a mile ahead, we sat and waited til we could get through. Then more roadworks, the A14 sliproad closed at Cambridge, so I then had to go down the M11, into Cambridge, then back out the top to get home about 17 hours after i left..

This morning, the car started first time, put the charger on it and it said it was full, put a multimeter across it and it was reading 14v with engine off. So fuctifino..

So, today, I don't feel like doing a single thing
Old 11-10-09, 04:13 PM   #55
Rob969

I've been fitting my new chain guard that i bought of a fellow orger and also my new mini hugger that bald git made for me. Then i thought i'd better take them for a test ride

Last edited by Rob969; 08-01-11 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-10-09, 06:34 PM   #56
kellyjo

Looking gooood rob
Old 11-10-09, 06:55 PM   #57
Rob969

its not bad considering it was painted black whem i got it, not sure what to do with it yet can't decide if i should leave it silver or paint
Old 11-10-09, 08:06 PM   #58
kellyjo

More noticeable in silver i think, but hey, what do i know ??
Old 12-10-09, 02:38 PM   #59
kellyjo

How things change!!!! In days gone by i'd have been overjoyed at new shoes, or a haircut, or a night out but i've gone and got myself SOOO excited today!

Ive just ordered oil and oil filter, air filter, spark plug feeler gauge and a filter wrench and im CHUFFED TO BITS!!!

This means that on friday i'll be able to grovel around on the cold, hard garage floor in my NEW girlie overalls and service the bike BY MYSELF, YAY!!!

I've read my Haynes manual in depth (and highlighted, in yellow, the relevant sections, as any SERIOUS bike mechanic would ) and know exactly what i need to do, and my OH assured me that as long as theres a bit of cleavage on show he'll be there to supervise in case it all goes pear-shaped

So now im gonna be sitting by the door for the next few days waiting for the postie. How lucky am i?? Wemoto is now oficially my favourite shop in the world
Old 12-10-09, 02:46 PM   #60
Skip
Mega Poster

Go girl! I am collected parts to do the same to my bike over the really cold months - mine is a bit more involved as I have to swap fairings!