SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-06-10, 05:32 PM   #1
malks

Default iPhone 4

now I know it's a love hate relationship with apple on here, but quite a lot peeps have iphones, so is anyone going to get the new one when it comes out?

I'm liking the look of it, liking the square edge and stuff. now I've had my 3g for 2 years ish now, and I'm on the month by month rolling contract, I can get £150 from mazuma/envirophone for my current handset too. I'm really tempted to get me the shiney new one when it comes out!
Old 08-06-10, 05:35 PM   #2
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Default Re: iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by malks View Post
I'm really tempted to get me the shiney new one when it comes out!
I don't think I could have summed up Apple's marketing strategy better myself...

(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 05:38 PM   #3
flymo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
I don't think I could have summed up Apple's marketing strategy better myself...

lol, surely that strategy has to win out over the "bring out a manky auld scratched one with the battery hanging out like a saggy ar$e" approach.

I'ld have one if the price was reasonable
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 05:48 PM   #4
G
Mega Poster

May upgrade to it when the oppurtunity arises.
Old 08-06-10, 05:59 PM   #5
malks

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post

haha, I don't mind admitting im a sucker for buying into the hype and marketing, but I don't care, price aside apple make some good products that do there job very easily and well.

I'm interested to see what the prices are going to be and tarrifs for the new one that could sway me either way!
Old 08-06-10, 06:07 PM   #6
ethariel

I swore blind i would never, ever, contemplate in any way, shape or form, consider, think or mull over the possibility of owning a product made/marketed/sold by apple....ever.

However the iPhone 4 looks to be aroundabout something decent, pith the 4G HTC won't make our shores for a year at least (something to do with the 4G wavelencth not up and running yet) so i may have to eat humble pie and take the plunge (tho i fear it will just be a 3G model in the end as i'll balk at the cost of the 4)
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 06:10 PM   #7
barwel1992

looks nice but wont get it on the pretence that most people look like nob head when walking round with them and dont want to look like a nob head do i...
Old 08-06-10, 06:14 PM   #8
beabert

I have actually been looking into the iphone 4 today, its the first iphone i would even consider having. Assuming the multitasking is true multitasking.

However, there is still a pricing issue. £550 - 600 on payg for a phone with similar specs to others phones at lower prices, not a chance, If it was £300 i might be tempted.
Old 08-06-10, 06:30 PM   #9
thedonal

I think that by the time my contract runs out (about another 18 months), the iPhone 6 will be out. So I'll be paying little attention to them until then, I reckon.
Old 08-06-10, 06:41 PM   #10
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

I will upgrade as long as it don't cost me anything to do so.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote