SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 23-06-05, 08:13 AM   #1
Captain Nemo

Default TT 2006 - Who's going

Going to the TT next year currently sorting out accom and ferries and stuff, who else is going?

im going over with Courdelion (oh rich, i forgot to tell youre going to the TT next year) and Blandit ian, and his brother, were supposed to be staying in douglas (ooh errrr)

im going to go over on the blue monster and drink like a fish for a week,

i was surprised how exprnsive the ferry is (about £160) for such a short journey, not so surprised that you have to bbok so early..
Old 23-06-05, 08:51 AM   #2
Anonymous

I'm also planning for a trip to IoM in 2006 - a special anniversary for me....so look out for large yellow streak of ****!

Meet you at the Jessop memorial.
Old 23-06-05, 12:03 PM   #3
Skip
Mega Poster

Yup I am going, currently relying on a mate to sort the accomodation, but definitely going...
Old 23-06-05, 12:19 PM   #4
Stormspiel

Depends how skint i am ad whether i can get accomodation. Might be able to see North west 200 if i stay with friends
Old 23-06-05, 06:43 PM   #5
Jp

Im there next year, everything is already booked!

Me and my dad and our friends booked up the day after we got home from this years event.
Old 23-06-05, 10:13 PM   #6
amarko5

Default Re: TT 2006 - Who's going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nemo
Going to the TT next year currently sorting out accom and ferries and stuff, who else is going?

im going over with Courdelion (oh rich, i forgot to tell youre going to the TT next year) and Blandit ian, and his brother, were supposed to be staying in douglas (ooh errrr)

i was surprised how exprnsive the ferry is (about £160) for such a short journey, not so surprised that you have to bbok so early..
I wish i could go maybe 2007 if i play my cards right

and the ferry is about 4x dearer on TT weeks so i am told, take a peek at maybe coming back early morning a friend told me he saved a Packet ( no pun intended) by doing just that
Old 24-06-05, 12:06 PM   #7
BernardBikerchick

Default Re: TT 2006 - Who's going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nemo

e me me me me me me m !!!! bbc xxxx *hugs*
Old 24-06-05, 01:57 PM   #8
MichelleC

Would love to go went over this year and was great but where we stayed was a bit basic but was cheap enough. Would like any recomendations if people have them? As it was a friend of a friends place and would prefer to get things a bit more organised.
Maybe some family friendly places as I may have a small person with me by then.
This does mean that I won't be on my bike but I am sure I can find a trailor and a babysitter
Old 25-06-05, 12:05 PM   #9
GSXR Carlos

fancy it, how easy is it, any tips/ web sites to check out?
Old 25-06-05, 05:46 PM   #10
SPeeeeDY

i went over this year and loved it!!!

I am also off over next year, but i will be hiring a van to transport the bikes and all of the camping stuff. All of the scratches from the luggage and on the ferry is not good.

A little tip, cover all the vunerable bits of your bike in maksing tape, eg side of fairings, tank and rear plastics. You see loads of bikes riding around over there covered in tape. At first i thought it was all of the people that had had offs and bodged their bikes, but later guessed that it was for protection from scratches.

If you are camping i would advist taking a big tent. There was 2 of us in a 4 man tent, once all of the bike gear and luggage is in the tent it gets a little cramped for sleeping in!

The campsite we stayed on was 100M up the road from hillberry corner a couple of miles from douglas. It was called 'Glendoo' (i dunno if spelling is 100%). I wont be stopping there again as it was on a bit of a hill so i kept having to push my self back up the tent during the night. Also it rained on the first couple of days which made it too risky to take the bike up to the tent.

The ferry crossing was the worst bit for me. I have been from Dover to Calais a few times via ferry and that is a good crossng because the ferrys are so big. The ferrys that go to IoM are small (ish) and are a bit wobbly in the irish sea. We had a force 7-8 on the way there and 50% of the peoplr on board were sick, and that is no exhaduration! On the way back i took some tablets and the crossing was ok for me then.

For people that have been before i will shut up now coz this post will just be dragging on!

SPeeeeDY