Old 30-01-09, 09:17 PM   #21
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Ride to the AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcdef View Post
So what about on the ride out itself??
thats why its a slow paced rideout, actually we did have a small spot of bother this year from the police, but they left us alone in the end.

TBH cross that bridge when or if we come across it...

Rideout wont get posted on the forum, you dont need to worry about getting lost every junction will be marked.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 30-01-09, 11:30 PM   #22
chompy

what is the date of the rideou then? is it 1-2 august i didnt think the date had been comfirmed.

Old 31-01-09, 01:13 AM   #23
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
thats why its a slow paced rideout, actually we did have a small spot of bother this year from the police, but they left us alone in the end.

TBH cross that bridge when or if we come across it...

Rideout wont get posted on the forum, you dont need to worry about getting lost every junction will be marked.
did we? i never spotted one copper the whole weekend (that i can remember!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
Ummmm what more do you need in terms of details??

The date, venure and cost are sorted. The route will be shown to you on the day. Ok we're still sorting breakfast but sat eveing food will be there.

look at that spelling from an english teacher!! awful
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
Old 31-01-09, 09:56 AM   #24
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
did we? i never spotted one copper the whole weekend (that i can remember!).
Yep, I pulled out of the start point and was at the front as I was leading and there was a policeman on the A303 he stopped to speak to Liz who was supposed to take pictures of you all as you peeled off the A303 on the quiet back roads and then chucked a mental at her about 80 odd bikes going past him in a manner that he wasnt very happy about.

Didnt help that he parked in a daft place and blocked the marker that I'd left on the junction and it meant some last minute moves were carried out and he wasnt very happy about it.

Old 31-01-09, 09:57 AM   #25
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
what is the date of the rideou then? is it 1-2 august i didnt think the date had been comfirmed.
it has,

thread here

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=122642

Old 01-02-09, 01:17 PM   #26
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Yep, I pulled out of the start point and was at the front as I was leading and there was a policeman on the A303 he stopped to speak to Liz who was supposed to take pictures of you all as you peeled off the A303 on the quiet back roads and then chucked a mental at her about 80 odd bikes going past him in a manner that he wasnt very happy about.

Didnt help that he parked in a daft place and blocked the marker that I'd left on the junction and it meant some last minute moves were carried out and he wasnt very happy about it.
my observation skills must've been attending something else that precise point in time! nothing bad ever came of liz's run-in with old bill there though did it?
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
Old 01-02-09, 03:09 PM   #27
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
my observation skills must've been attending something else that precise point in time! nothing bad ever came of liz's run-in with old bill there though did it?
No he just ranted at her and then told her to be on her way, he followed the rideout for a little while, and then went on his merry way.

Old 02-02-09, 05:08 PM   #28
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
OMG NO!!

Although I can see the WOW factor of the Pied Piper effect I really couldn't cope with you all turning up at once.

I have plans y'know!! Dribs 'n drabs works best!
If soho organisation is anything liek alst year, we'll all agree to meet at a given place at a given time on a given day, then split up into smaller groups, then all have differant routes and then end up coming all seperatly but along the same route and arriving at differant times

Me and maria shall probably come alone, or at least arrive alone if we did set of with any soho'ers, given that i expect they will arrive quicker than me and maria

Old 02-02-09, 07:02 PM   #29
madness

I need some input from those of you who know the area.

What is the best way to approach Althorne from the North West (say Cambridge-ish) with regard to best biking roads?

Closed Thread