Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-09, 06:13 PM   #41
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Default Re: Who's going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
Markers have already been sorted out, thanks.
No fair! Any rules on stopping with other markers so I may have a good run through the pack occasionally?

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
Old 08-03-09, 06:52 PM   #42
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
No fair!
Its more than fair. Marking junctions when you have a group of 80 odd bikes like we had last year, needs to be taken seriously and ensure that people do drop off where they are supposed to. I've been on a few rideouts know where the packs got split and people havent marked where I have asked them to stop.

Using pre-arranged dedicated markers, means that those doing the marking will be well practised and versed in the route and whats going on. Any difficult junctions will be noted and markers pre arranged for those spots.

It also takes the worry out of marking for the person leading the rideout and the TEC knows who to look for and who to pick up again makes for a worry & stress free rideout.

Quote:
Any rules on stopping with other markers so I may have a good run through the pack occasionally?
Nope its a public road nobody can dictate what you do or dont do. Except Mr Plod. However remember, its not a race, there maybe new or inexperienced riders in the group, also people who are new to group riding. So you'll need to bare this in mind if you are making your way up through the pack.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 08-03-09, 07:06 PM   #43
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Oh Fizz, it was a comment made in jest (hence the smiley!) so please refrain from lecturing me. Perhaps if you felt this strongly about it you could pm me rather than try to put me down or demean me on the open forum.

Regards

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
Old 08-03-09, 07:09 PM   #44
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Oh Fizz, it was a comment made in jest (hence the smiley!) so please refrain from lecturing me. Perhaps if you felt this strongly about it you could pm me rather than try to put me down or demean me on the open forum.

sounded like a perfectly reasonable response to me
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
Old 08-03-09, 07:21 PM   #45
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Oh Fizz, it was a comment made in jest (hence the smiley!)
Well perhaps you should have used a more suitable smiley then and then I would have understood properly what you meant.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 09-03-09, 12:04 AM   #46
on yer bike

Quote:

Regards
I don't think it was to demean you, you asked a good question, Fizz gave a good answer, Others may have been wondering the same as you therefore it was a public response.

It may have sounded harsh, but it wasn't personal or made to offend (I don't think ) It was to make sure it was understood what goes on. The amount of organisation that goes into this each year is immense and with the number of people that attend, things like marking have to be understood by all.

Old 09-03-09, 12:53 PM   #47
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

As an Essex girl it would be rude not to. Are there plans for a disco so we can dance round our tank bags?
Old 10-03-09, 07:37 PM   #48
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
As an Essex girl it would be rude not to. Are there plans for a disco so we can dance round our tank bags?
yea, it'll take place inside my topbox

Old 11-03-09, 04:09 AM   #49
davepreston

add 1 drunkin paddy to the list plus luggage sorry wife

Old 11-03-09, 11:41 PM   #50
VolatileParsley

Mrs VP (to be) and I will be going. We're looking forward to it, a chance to actually meet some of you as we've never been on any of the org ride-outs before.

Closed Thread