SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-08-06, 07:31 AM   #1
mysteryjimbo

Default Short honeymoon suggestions

I'm getting married in August next year and going on two honeymoons. A 5-7 day short one in August, just the two of us and a 2 week one in October/November.

We've decided on two honeymoonds so we get one alone together but dont spend too long away from the nipper wholl be 3.

The 2 week one is decided, almost. Thats in the Caribbean (they do good kids clubs!). The one I want suggestions on is the short one. The other half likes the idea of Italy but doesnt want to stay in Venice for the whole time. She'd like to visit on a day trip.

Any ideas on places (alternatives welcome) and companies who do these shorter breaks? They dont have to cater specifically to honeymooners
Old 16-08-06, 07:46 AM   #2
Amanda M

Congrats Jimbo

Try www.archersdirect.com. They do short breaks I think and aren't too badly priced
Old 16-08-06, 07:46 AM   #3
Jdubya

Depends on whether you want an activity break or just 5-7 days of lazing about somewhere...
Old 16-08-06, 07:51 AM   #4
the white rabbit

Explore and (more sedate) VoyagesJulesVerne do short interesting breaks. You could even visit the Taj Mahal in a weekend Or Iceland is often done in a weekend.
Old 16-08-06, 07:51 AM   #5
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya
Depends on whether you want an activity break or just 5-7 days of lazing about somewhere...
Thats pretty much it. I'll be busy for the 2nd one with my SCUBA and other activities!

Oh and spending time with the family
Old 16-08-06, 07:56 AM   #6
the white rabbit

Best 7 days of lazing Ive had was on a boat going down the Dalmatian coast with Explore. So relaxing. Mind you, not so good for honeymooners as ...ahem...theres not much privacy. But holed up on one of the Islands down there would be nice, eg. Hvar.

For Italy you could fly into Venice, then move a couple of hours north and you'd be in the Cadore region forests, mountains (Dolomites basically). Peaceful, pretty and superb food. Less 'fraught' than some parts of Italy. The go Venice on way back down to airport. Venice can be seen easily in a day. Its noce to be there in the eve tho when it gets dark to soak up the atmosphere. Hot, busy and smelly in summer tho.

Or a nice gite in Provence or the Alpe Maritime.

Saville do some nice villas down on the Lycian coast in Turkey around Kas and Kalkan, away from the masses but plenty of things to do (if you get bored) as Kas is an activity type place now. Lovely boat trips and stuff there.
Old 16-08-06, 08:03 AM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya

Come on, get wise, this is a honeymoon, of course it will be 7 days of "Activity"

BTW Congrats.
Old 16-08-06, 08:17 AM   #8
keithd

if money allows, go for 7 nights in Dubai. it'll be a perfect relaxing break after the hectic time leading up to the wedding, altho august will be extremely hot (i went in august, minimum was 44 degrees, but everywhere is air cond)

this is where we stayed

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeri...ropertyID=1897

trust me if you can spend the extra penny or two its worth it
Old 16-08-06, 08:30 AM   #9
Viney
Mega Poster

Skeggy!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-06, 08:36 AM   #10
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney