SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-09-17, 02:26 PM   #11
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: Tiguan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj76 View Post
Be wary of garage quotes for clutch replacement. They are including a dual mass flywheel in at 400 and most 2005 1.5 dcis do not have DMF. Renault should be able to confirm. Had the clutch done on the last one for 220 all in as it was not DMF and that was 55 plate 2005. Most quotes before i verified with Renault about the flywheel were around the 400 quid mark.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
All K9K have DMF.
Old 20-09-17, 02:28 PM   #12
NTECUK
Mega Poster

People who tow or drive up steep hills will still love an oil burner.
Old 20-09-17, 02:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Certainly flies in the face of other stuff I have read, 3 members of my family were lifelong Diesel buyers have dumped theirs recently (one was a fairly new Ford Kuga) and bought Skoda direct injection petrol Octavias , which the 'Kuga' brother says gets better mpg than his Kuga anyway, and 0-60 in under 8seconds. Temporary holding up in diesel value may be down to sheer cussedness by Diesel fans, hoping against hope that things will change direction and they don't get banned from just about every city n the world after all (hint - Ostriches do this a lot apparently).

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...issions-values
its not clear what will happen, I have been an avid diesel driver for years but as my cars get used until they are no longer worth anything significant it makes little odds.

there is also Euro 6 compliance which protects current diesel cars till 2023 IIRC.

Diesel fuel still has a lot going for it, if the power that be could make up there minds what they want to tax next it would help. My new BMW is a diesel and Im very pleased about that fact, faster than most other cars out there and 40mpg to boot. happy days.

As for the OP - Any VW with a service history and thorough overview will be a "good" buy generally speaking, avoid the 1.6 manual unless the gearbox bearings have been done as these can fail out of warranty and are not cheap to resolve via VW - as for diesel or not - your call, Diesel still works for me and will do for a number of years.

That said if its £400 for another years motoring thats good VFM so might be worth paying up and nursing it through?
Old 20-09-17, 05:52 PM   #14
aj76

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
All K9K have DMF.
Not in my case. Renault UK confirmed to me it was not DMF Flywheel from the factory I may even have the transcript of the discussion somewhere. The mechanic was a little suprised too when he did the job but also confirmed was not DMF.

aj76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-17, 06:30 PM   #15
DomP

Either way it needs new tyres all round as well as a knocking coming from the front so it's going to be costing even more soon.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Old 21-09-17, 06:41 AM   #16
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj76 View Post
Not in my case. Renault UK confirmed to me it was not DMF Flywheel from the factory I may even have the transcript of the discussion somewhere. The mechanic was a little suprised too when he did the job but also confirmed was not DMF.

We have replaced K9K and there DMF s have been servicable!
It's generally the Moto Bility crowed that abuse the cars that kills them.
Old 23-09-17, 07:38 PM   #17
Bibio
Mega Poster

love my 1.6 diesel yeti (motobility) but had a courtesy seat toledo and was well impressed, pretty nippy up to 80ish, 6 speed box and a HUGE boot, cabin was pretty quiet as well.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-17, 05:19 PM   #18
NTECUK
Mega Poster

The terledo not a SUV type thing.
Have you looked at the older Qasqai J10?
Old 28-09-17, 10:51 PM   #19
DomP

Picked up a 2013 tiguan 4motion Match today in wild cherry, very nice

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk