SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 03-08-10, 01:35 PM   #1
Gazdaman

Default Swap: 1999 SV 650 road bike, track biased mods. Minitwin bike?

This is my SV 650, it was originally an S model (faired) but when I got it the fairings, clocks and headlight were in quite a poor condition, so I've replaced them with a single headlight.

It's had a good few performance upgrades.

The chassis itself stands at approximately 30k, the engine is on around 10k.

Engine upgrades:
Gear shifter 'star' from a pointy model (more positive gear changes)
Cams from pointy model
K&N air filter
Rejetted carbs
FULL Micron race exhaust system (not cheap!)

Chassis upgrades:
Maxton fork internals
Maxton rear spring (it's also a sexy purple colour, mmm).
Braided hoses front and rear
Pirelli Diablo supercorsa tyres (including a spare front tyre)

Fairly sure I've got some spare pads in there too.

The bike also has spanking new chain and sprockets.
The bodywork (that remains) is in decent nick, the tank has a couple of good dents, but there is a replacement tank that is almost spankingly perfect. I think it has one light scratch that I could find.
It does also come with all the plastics, clocks and headlight to make it a faired model again, but it'll need some plastic welding to make it good. Personally I'd keep it naked.

I'm getting rid of it because it's a bit too small for me, and it just doesn't quite float my boat.

It currently has no MOT or tax, but it should go through an MOT. It does need a new battery because the one on it really doesn't hold charge very well. It'll start the bike once or twice, but after that it's flatter than the proverbial pancake. The wiring around the headlight could do with tidying, or not, depending on your preference.

I have recently fitted it with two spanking new mini front indicators.

The bike is quite loud, it sounds absolutely awesome with the full system, and should free up a few horsepower. I'd be expecting to see around 70bhp from all the upgrades. And the bike could be a decent basis for a minitwins bike. Or a road legal, track surpriser.

£800 takes it, or I'll swap for another bike of a similar value, something interesting. Must be road legal. Try me.

Gaz
Old 04-08-10, 10:26 PM   #2
BigFootIsBlurry

Default Re: Swap: 1999 SV 650 road bike, track biased mods. Minitwin bike?

location?

2000 curvy, yellow and naked. Gone but not forgotten.
BigFootIsBlurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 08:28 AM   #3
Gazdaman

Default Re: Swap: 1999 SV 650 road bike, track biased mods. Minitwin bike?

D'oh, it's in Leicester, east midlands.