SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-11-21, 12:17 AM   #10211
svenrico

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
BoZo told us we were getting a land of milk and honey and people believed - that's the problem. If something sounds too good to be true, it generally is.
They certainly did that with Brexit which is becoming exactly the opposite!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-21, 08:08 AM   #10212
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
And you think the proportional representation idea of the Lib Dem's is better?
Yes, because it would reintroduce the terms: negotiation, compromise and moderation. Hopefully ethics would come along for the ride.

We are experiencing an 80 seat ruling majority right now and may not have an entire country by the time it's over. We have a government tearing up the rule book that has been in place for years to hide their illicit actions and introducing rules that will enable them to (more easily) win the next election. This government is drifting so far to the right they can no longer see the centre with a telescope.

I'd prefer some system of checks and balances to stop a right or left wing government introducing policy changes that follow their political ideals rather than what is good for the country as a whole. I want a government that plans 10, 15 or 20 years ahead not one that is only interested in plans to win the next election. The current system guarantees this will never happen. (but this is only my opinion).
Old 19-11-21, 09:22 AM   #10213
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Yes, because it would reintroduce the terms: negotiation, compromise and moderation. Hopefully ethics would come along for the ride.

We are experiencing an 80 seat ruling majority right now and may not have an entire country by the time it's over. We have a government tearing up the rule book that has been in place for years to hide their illicit actions and introducing rules that will enable them to (more easily) win the next election. This government is drifting so far to the right they can no longer see the centre with a telescope.

I'd prefer some system of checks and balances to stop a right or left wing government introducing policy changes that follow their political ideals rather than what is good for the country as a whole. I want a government that plans 10, 15 or 20 years ahead not one that is only interested in plans to win the next election. The current system guarantees this will never happen. (but this is only my opinion).
This needs a "LIKE" button!

Well said.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-21, 10:13 AM   #10214
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:

Yep, absolutely. We need something to stop this frankly terrifying slide to the far right.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-21, 12:31 PM   #10215
DJ123
Mega Poster

If the rest of Parliament has no trust in this Government, has a 'vote of no confidence' been put through, or applied?
Hell, put it to the public and i'm sure they'd get a resounding majority vote.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-21, 05:30 PM   #10216
svenrico

Quote:
No it isn't ,it's my opinion as well
Old 19-11-21, 05:31 PM   #10217
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
This needs a "LIKE" button!

Well said.
Hear, hear.
Old 19-11-21, 05:33 PM   #10218
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
Yep, absolutely. We need something to stop this frankly terrifying slide to the far right.
Don't know about right or left ,it is just unethical ,if not corrupt !
Old 19-11-21, 08:49 PM   #10219
Bibio
Mega Poster

i very much doubt that any political party wants to be leading the country right now.

i can predict that vat and income tax rates will go up considerably next april's budget. the uk is skint hence all the money grabbing corruption at the top level in the Gov.

remember that Scotland had a 98% SNP majority in Holyrood at one point and it seemed to do well. not bad for a political party that used to huddle round an oil drum fire at the bottom of Calton Hill in the 90's. change can happen....
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-21, 11:48 PM   #10220
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:

This is your point of view and you're most welcome to it, whether I agree with it or not, but please don't snip out my reasoning for not having proportional representation when quoting me. I feel that it paints what I have said in a poorer way with no reason given.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote