SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-02-05, 08:02 PM   #1
ahlb0018

Default Air Filter Change

Does adding a K&N Air Filter to a 2003 SV650N make a significant change in performance, ridability, etc...? After adding a new slip-on, I decided that I was going to get a new K&N and do a remap at the dealer. will that make a significant difference in power? Any info would be helpful.

Also, what do you guys know about sprocket conversion kits? I wanna get a bit more pep out of my 03 SV650.

Cheers!
Old 22-02-05, 08:20 PM   #2
chris SVK3

I fitted a K&N airfilter but have yet to do the exhaust waiting to it to arrive. To be honest i did not notice one thing from changing it but i dont notice subtle changes in power.
As for changing the rear sproket. I changed mine to 46T on the rear and I think i lost about 3mph top end. Damn im going to miss that. No R1 hunting for me . But the power every where else was great it felt like had an extra 10bhp not bad £30.
Old 22-02-05, 08:36 PM   #3
ahlb0018

Default good advice

Hey, thanks for the advice! I think I'll do the conversion kit, eventually. I think that if I remap and add that K&N, I'll get a few more ponies.

What kind of an exhaust did you get? I just got mine, and it is tremendous! I bought a Wolf scorched coloured titanium oval exhaust, and it howls. Seriously, I could wake the dead with this thing, and it is supposed to boast some very decent power gains as well. I have some pics, email me if interested... josh.ahlberg@gmail.com Oh, and I hear that Wolf Racing may develop a full race system for the SV650 (03+). If anyone is interested in getting one developed or purchasing one, post development, please let me know - we'll see if we can get it set up.

Cheers!
Old 22-02-05, 08:50 PM   #4
chris SVK3

I have gone for the remus Revolution like Cloggys but in titanium
Old 22-02-05, 08:53 PM   #5
ahlb0018

Let me know how it all works out. I am excited to actually try mine out and ride it. Right now all it does is make me smell like exhaust and hurt my ears in the garage!