SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-04-08, 02:24 PM   #1
Rich
Mega Poster

Default Nitron Shock.

I've just purchased one off ebay and it seemed a good price from what i've seen. I know that its got to be an improvement from the stock one but was wondering if any of you guys have had any experiance with them?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...TODAY.m238.lVI
Old 27-04-08, 03:59 PM   #2
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Re: Nitron Shock!

Yeah, seems like a good price, they're well regarded. IIRC they do a couple of models for the SV, and that's the more basic one, but then it's also very cheap- I paid nearly that much for a used Ohlins. Course, if it's not set up right for you (spring rate and damping) then it's not such a bargain so fingers crossed...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-08, 07:52 PM   #3
Rich
Mega Poster

Default Re: Nitron Shock.

Well I had a crack at fitting it tonight and all slipped into place easy as 123. Looks the dogs bandangles, it's set up on it's standard setting that nitron use but if i don't get on with it i'm going to take the bike in to get the front and back suspenders set up properly.

Old 09-05-08, 08:58 PM   #4
Robw#70

Good shocks, they built me one to my spec for this years race bike and it was pretty close straight out of the box.
Ive since been inside it and its well made and easy to service, the sign of a well designed unit
Old 09-05-08, 09:02 PM   #5
Rich
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robw#70 View Post
Good shocks, they built me one to my spec for this years race bike and it was pretty close straight out of the box.
Ive since been inside it and its well made and easy to service, the sign of a well designed unit
Ahh someone thats experianced them, sounds like i've made a good choice. Truth will be told on the road, thanks for your input!!
Old 09-05-08, 11:56 PM   #6
Jackie_Black

Is that the Nitron sport shock?

Let me know how you get on with it because I have one on my shopping list. I suspect i'm too heavy for the standard one and nitron make them for your weight.
Old 10-05-08, 06:34 PM   #7
Rich
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie_Black View Post
Is that the Nitron sport shock?

Let me know how you get on with it because I have one on my shopping list. I suspect i'm too heavy for the standard one and nitron make them for your weight.
Yes it is the sport shock, and what a difference it's made. It's so smooth over bumps and through corners. I've only got it on standard settings, theres 24 dampening settings to play with then height adjustment and preload. I think i got a good deal and it feels worth every penny. Really works well with the GSXR front end, i think i'm going to leave it how it is for now. Get one you won't be disapointed..
Old 21-07-08, 09:52 PM   #8
Jackie_Black

How's that shock going? I've just been out for a hundred mile jaunt with the missus and she was shocked to see the rear tyre has worn a hole in the number plate from being two up.

So she has decided to buy me a firmer shock. When I ring up should I ask for one suitable for my weight (17 stone) then can I adjust something for when she is on it?

I'm going for the sport shock as it looks like it'll be fine for road use.

Also while I'm on can the front spring be removed with the forks in situ? May as well get the lot done, well excited.
Old 22-07-08, 10:08 AM   #9
Ceri JC

It's the more basic of the models they do (same as I have). Still a very good shock and a massive improvement over the stock one. As Robw says, well built and supposed to be easy to service. This is reflected in the £70+VAT to have them serviced, compared to the 2/3rds of the cost of a new shock for other models. This cheap servicing (and continued warranty if you get it serviced after the first year) was a big factor in my buying it. Also got seperate ride height adjustment, so appealing for shorties.

You're a lucky devil getting it for that price!
Old 23-07-08, 07:00 PM   #10
gazza

I had the new track Nitron on my sv650. Took it to Mallory last friday and it was rubbish. It was bouncing all round the track. I adjusted the comp and rebound damping to full hard settings but it made no difference. It is now back at Nitron. I am waiting for the suspension guys to test it and let me know whats wrong with it.