SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Suits Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 05-05-16, 05:36 PM   #11
Toooldtodie

Default Re: Alpinestar Andes DryStar

Now bought the jacket too.
I am so grateful to you guys for the review, it was spot on. Great gear and reasonable money.
I have worn them in 19C so not exactly Death Valley, but the Drystar lining did it's job of shedding any moisture from me, and I was bone dry even after wearing for 2 hours. Not Gore Tex but a third of the price!
Looks bloody good too, like it cost fortunes.
Old 05-05-16, 05:39 PM   #12
Toooldtodie

For sizing I am 5' 10". 32" waist and 44" chest so I went for Med trousers (spot on) and Large jacket.
Old 06-05-16, 07:38 PM   #13
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toooldtodie View Post
Now bought the jacket too.
I am so grateful to you guys for the review, it was spot on. Great gear and reasonable money.
I have worn them in 19C so not exactly Death Valley, but the Drystar lining did it's job of shedding any moisture from me, and I was bone dry even after wearing for 2 hours. Not Gore Tex but a third of the price!
Looks bloody good too, like it cost fortunes.
I'm away on the bike this weekend so will be a good test to see how it copes with heat, humidity and the possibility of heavy rain/thunderstorms!
I agree, it looks like a quality piece of kit but costs a fraction of the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toooldtodie View Post
For sizing I am 5' 10". 32" waist and 44" chest so I went for Med trousers (spot on) and Large jacket.
I went the opposite way! Large trousers & medium jacket. 32" waist but found the trousers too tight with the linings in whilst wearing jeans (my normal riding attire). Jacket is about right for me at a medium (38-40" chest), not worn it without the lining yet & just a t-shirt to see how well it truly fits.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-17, 05:01 PM   #14
Swin

Just took delivery of this Jacket myself - first impressions are that it's very good quality and seems well made for a very reasonable price (just under £140 from bikers bargains).

Have only used it to walk the dog this afternoon, but I see no concerns with using it on the bike
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-17, 05:53 PM   #15
Toooldtodie

Had the jacket-pants combo for nearly a year now! Apart from looking grubby I have worn it nearly every day and no signs of wear, yet. Can vouch for complete waterproof-ness, alas!!
So have no fear heading out into Storm Doris tomorrow that I will not arrive at work completely dry. Takes a while to dry out after a full drenching, but plan to clean and Nikwax it over Easter break to restore surface water repellency. Can not, at this stage, recommend highly enough. Great piece of kit.
Thanks Daddyjob for sharing.
Old 23-01-18, 06:41 PM   #16
Toooldtodie

Quick update. Two years in and still a massive fan of this combo. Still like new (apart from being even dirtier than last year) and still utterly waterproof.
I really could not, and have not recommended any biking kit as highly as this. Bearing in mind I do 8000 miles a year in ALL weathers. You will need an extra layer at minus temperatures for the jacket just to plug gaps and stay completely toasty, but I can attest it is all watertight after 2 years and I am still amazed at the quality and value. Not often you say that.