SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-03-14, 12:12 PM   #81
dkid

Default Car hit my bike over - whilst parked in a M/C only bay!

Well Bennetts dropped this off yesterday. Not very exciting but good enough for now. ..

Last edited by dkid; 15-03-14 at 12:50 PM.
Old 15-03-14, 12:14 PM   #82
PyroUK
Mega Poster

That the courtesy bike? Looks pretty smart!
Old 15-03-14, 12:17 PM   #83
dkid

Default Re: Car hit my bike over - whilst parked in a M/C only bay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroUK View Post
That the courtesy bike? Looks pretty smart!

Yeah. Took it out for a quick 40 mile jaunt over the mendips this morning. It's comfy and easy to ride but has zero fun factor about it. Still, every day that I have this the third party will be getting billed so hopefully they'll be more inclined to settle quickly.
Old 15-03-14, 12:20 PM   #84
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Here's hoping!

Oh and also, i just remembered from my very first claim, and possibly someone can say if this was correct, my insurers paid out on my behalf without even contacting me. So maybe his will too.
Old 15-03-14, 12:45 PM   #85
dkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroUK View Post
Here's hoping!

Oh and also, i just remembered from my very first claim, and possibly someone can say if this was correct, my insurers paid out on my behalf without even contacting me. So maybe his will too.
So someone was claiming against you and your insurance didn't give you a chance to contest the claim?

Last edited by dkid; 15-03-14 at 01:02 PM.
Old 15-03-14, 01:56 PM   #86
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Yeah! Reversed in to someone as they were pulling in to a space. Didn't look bad so I said price it up and let me know and I would settle it. Didn't hear from her so thought she took pity on me as I had just started driving. Got to renewal and my premium went through the roof. When I called them they told me she claimed and they paid out £403. £403 claim bumped my premium by £1500 with them, con artists!

But yeah they never contacted me to discuss it so I didn't know the claim had been made.
Old 15-03-14, 02:06 PM   #87
dkid

Wow I'm astonished they just took her word for it!
Old 15-04-14, 08:20 AM   #88
dkid

Quick update to this thread and it's positive news!

After a couple of weeks of wrangling between my insurance company and the third parties insurance company a cheque is now on its way to me for the full amount to cover the repairs to my bike

It's taken so long to get to this point as the third party tried denying any involvement in the damage done to my bike. He claimed he arrived at the scene to find a bike on its side and he was just being a "Good Samaritan" by picking it up for me! Pfft.

So my insurance then forwarded a witness statement along with photos showing the TP car squeezed into a M/C parking bay and hey presto a cheque is in the post.

The TP obviously had no idea he'd been seen or that there were pictures. He tried pulling a fast one and got caught out, luckily for me otherwise I may well have had to claim on my own policy and lose my NCD.

Hoping it won't be too long now before the RR is back tucked up in her own garage
Old 15-04-14, 08:35 AM   #89
Grant66

That's good news.

Isn't there a law against lying on insurance forms? There is for claims, does the same law not cover the defence?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Grant66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-14, 08:40 AM   #90
dkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant66 View Post
That's good news.

Isn't there a law against lying on insurance forms? There is for claims, does the same law not cover the defence?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Tbh I get the impression the TP insurance company have looked at the evidence against their client and decided they're on a hiding to nothing. I doubt he's admitted anything to them.

My ins co were saying that if the dispute went on much longer they'd let a court decide the outcome. This, combined with the fact the TP co were being invoiced for the loan bike daily probably tipped the scales in my favour.

Hard to prove he's lied if you're his ins co I'd have thought. They just seem to have weighed up the situation and cut their losses and settled now before it gets even more expensive for them.