SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-02-14, 09:17 PM   #41
Stuuk1

Default Kitchens...

Not read all of the replies. I got my kitchen from B&Q, they come out and measure up for free. I fitted the kitchen easy peasy, luckily I have a trade card there so the cabinets all came built and are much better build quality (solid backs to cupboards not flimsy hardboard).
Old 11-02-14, 07:18 AM   #42
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: Kitchens...

I wouldn't use a bottom bearing flute cutter on any laminate to laminate work, I've seen enough of them jam up and scratch/burn the surface and seen them come off all together, personally I'd be using a bearing guided fence (on a trimmer). Also in regards to contact adhesive, you're not supposed to bond the two surfaces until its gone off, you spread it on both pieces wait 5-20 min (depending on the temperature/air moisture) until its gone off and no longer cold to the touch, then you stick them together. No need for any rollers or implements hence the name contact adhesive.

I've made bespoke kitchens from scratch; laminated, veneers and hardwoods. Although probably not fitted near as many as specialone as he's old whereas i look a lot older than I am.

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis

Last edited by Specialone; 11-02-14 at 07:32 AM.
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-14, 07:31 AM   #43
Specialone

I won't use the bearing guided trimmers either, had one bad experience with one, not used them since, I've got loads of brand new ones as they come in the router cutter sets I buy.

I would like a small laminate trimmer, but don't wanna spend the money tbh, I do mine by hand, I shape it then glue it on, bit of a crap way to do it though.
Old 11-02-14, 10:02 AM   #44
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

You ****. I nearly missed that.

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-14, 10:05 AM   #45
Specialone