SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SELKENT A forum for the folks down in Kent and SE London.

Old 25-04-14, 06:19 PM   #21
Stuuk1

Default Might Be Moving

My girlfriend has a tattoo on her wrist of an anchor and a heart... Weirdo.

Anyway, I'm from Staplehurst and its a lovely area. Stay well away from Park Wood and Tovil and you'll be safe
Old 25-04-14, 08:25 PM   #22
Ben.tattooer

Default Re: Might Be Moving

Don't forget mangravet!
Old 30-04-14, 09:33 PM   #23
Entropy

Been looking at places near and around Maidstone and Ashford. More affordable and some of them come with garages - safe place for the bike when it snows.

Sent using a device that allows me to coalesce my thoughts with radio frequency waves and transmit them over long distances.
Old 01-05-14, 06:32 AM   #24
Ben.tattooer

Feel free to pm me about areas/roads etc. personally would give ashford a wide berth though. Medway will get you a lot nicer area for the money compared to maidstone, really depends on budget.
Old 01-05-14, 10:49 AM   #25
Entropy

Got a budget of 900 pcm maximum and need a 3 bedrooms, en-suite, family bathroom and a garage. So far Ashford had been the only area that has provided places with all that within my budget. Is Ashford really that bad? I would love to find a place in Medway as it would only be a walk away from Uni but it doesn't look like I will.

Sent using a device that allows me to coalesce my thoughts with radio frequency waves and transmit them over long distances.
Old 01-05-14, 10:47 PM   #26
Ben.tattooer

I live in twydall, which is 5 minutes from the dockyard if that's where you are going uni? You'll get a nice place here for that sort of money I would imagine. I bought my place here recently, 3 bed with a double garage couldn't get anything near that in maidstone. Not sure about prices in ashford but I know it's pretty cheap there. My mate left ashford after a chap did a **** outside his house in the middle of the day haha.

As I said take a look and pm me, if I can help give an idea of area I will mate.
Old 02-05-14, 01:21 AM   #27
Entropy

Went on to rightmove and found a few in gillingham. There is a nice 4 bed with a garage that is only 10 mins from Uni. Yeah, Medway campus is where I need to commute to but the wife will be planning her commute to maidstone.

Will PM once I have considered it a little more.

Old 10-05-14, 05:16 PM   #28
Entropy

Any thoughts on Sittingbourne? Found a nice place in Ashford as well - in the new development area off of the back of the retail park.
Old 10-05-14, 08:08 PM   #29
LiquidFlux

I'm based in Gillingham, work in central Maidstone, and am also looking for a small place of my own in the local area.

http://www.nestoria.co.uk/kent/prope.../maxprice-1000

Zoom the map on the right to where you want to search, has been a big help so far.
Old 13-05-14, 08:03 PM   #30
Ben.tattooer

I personally wouldn't live in ashford. For a start it's a mission from ashford to gillingham for your uni, and secondly the majority of ashford is a ****hole. Gillingham has some really bad area but also some really nice bits. Sittingbourne isn't bad nor is iwade, or Minster on the island. Steer clear of sheerness though. Sheernastyness.

Oh Rochester is decent too. And close for both of you.

Last edited by Ben.tattooer; 13-05-14 at 08:09 PM.