SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-10-06, 10:13 PM   #1
riktherider

Default best rearsets to get??

just got the frame powder coated andput the engine back in. just wondering what people think of some of the rear sets out there??? i do like the gilles but they are quite expencive. ad also harris. any one got any ideas??

also, before i put the rest of the bike bak together, anyone done a 700 or 750 conversion? just need to know what else is envolved other than pistons and/or a rebore? worth going for cams as well?
Old 27-10-06, 12:31 AM   #2
Damoulianos Marios

If you want cheap rearsets visit:

http://brgracing.com/svRearsets.html

and

http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts...dproduct=17609

Alternatively you could make some plates that will house the existing rearsets wherever you want them to be. I made my own plates in a machinery workshop, just for the sake of getting some adjustability for a fraction of money. Did the job for about 70GBP. Yes, it's expensive for a couple of plates but then again there's no way you can get adjustability for this sort of money and I asked for them to be made so they wouldn't protrude outwards anyhow as happens with usually seen plates.
Old 27-10-06, 02:21 AM   #3
chunkytfg

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=46483 for all your 700cc info ish
Old 27-10-06, 07:02 AM   #4
weazelz

I have walter moto type 1 rearsets & adjustable jack-up plates:

http://www.pdq1.co.uk/valter.htm
Old 27-10-06, 10:10 AM   #5
riktherider

i kinda need some with footrests and levers included as i had an off and demolished my ones. being adjustable ist my mian concern. i just need something which looks much better.

and im not changing the bike for about another 2 years so i kinda want to get a bit more power before i sell it. i think its got more to do with the look on peoples faces when they think its a normal sv650 but when you pull away its got more stick than expected. cant beat that.
Old 27-10-06, 10:41 AM   #6
Mike1234

I've got a set of brand new (still in the box) black Gilles rear sets if you are interested (assuming you've got a K3 - K6 model of course).

240 quid including postage.
Old 27-10-06, 11:02 AM   #7
rictus01
Mega Poster

I don't think the gillies look bad on the pointy sv's but was never happy with them in the curvy, probably the best looking were the Metisse ones followed by the Promac ones that I've got fitted now.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-06, 11:40 AM   #8
Mike1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01
I don't think the gillies look bad on the pointy sv's but was never happy with them in the curvy, probably the best looking were the Metisse ones followed by the Promac ones that I've got fitted now.
Promach do rock but they aren't cheap.
Old 27-10-06, 01:15 PM   #9
egypt220

i have done the 700 bigbore bike goes well,i only did it as i hade the pistons laying around for 4 yrs.
gary at sdc in stevenage,herts did mine
where do you get promach rear sets from then
Old 27-10-06, 04:53 PM   #10
riktherider

mine would be the curvy...the better shape :P
not seen many gilles on sv's though. this is why im hunting around for some other make