SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-11-10, 05:48 PM   #11
husky03
Mega Poster

Default Re: If you want to buy an SV, just do it! It's the end of an era for me.

never managed to get sentimental about a machine but quite a few seem too.
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-10, 06:38 PM   #12
Specialone

Default Re: If you want to buy an SV, just do it! It's the end of an era for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
*CHING*

Is that the new bike that you couldnt ride home cos you would scratch your nail polish or something ???

Wuss

Just to let you know, i rode my DRZ from LP's in february from north wales about 110 miles on a seat thats extremely uncomfortable.

Anyway, nice bike mate, looks the nuts
Old 09-11-10, 06:41 PM   #13
BernardBikerchick

awwwwwwwwwwww a sad time fella but enjoy the new one !!!!!
Old 09-11-10, 07:45 PM   #14
Haluk

I miss my naked SV too. The VFR is king of the road when I go to the continent and use Autobahns. But Suzi was something else on B roads and in the city. Suzuki UK is still selling the S version for £4874; tempting but not as good looking as the naked. Unusually cheap by the way. Must be old stock.
Old 09-11-10, 08:46 PM   #15
pmapp
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
At the end of the day patting the tank and saying "good bike, well done".

Glad it's not just me that does something along those lines after a long nasty ride (the last time being the Hardy Bikes in the snow).

If at first you don't succeed - use more gaffa tape.
pmapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-10, 08:50 PM   #16
Kilted Ginger

At least its coming back home to bonny Scotland. Decent deal for both of you imho.
Old 10-11-10, 09:23 AM   #17
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
Is that the new bike that you couldnt ride home cos you would scratch your nail polish or something ???

Wuss

Just to let you know, i rode my DRZ from LP's in february from north wales about 110 miles on a seat thats extremely uncomfortable.

Anyway, nice bike mate, looks the nuts
What it is, weather warnings down south indicate there's going to be a bit of a chilly breeze or some damp drizzle, but our weather warnings for up north generally tell us to be aware of upwards/sideways rain and hurricane force winds with particles of arctic ice and polar bear hair.. The weather was genuinely horrific - I wouldn't even have ridden any of my own past bikes in that weather if you'd paid me.

Plus no one was free to take me up in their car to ride back so the van it was

Still, managed to get it to the petrol station for a quick ride last night (and petrol all over my right leg when it bounced off the inside of the tank)

n.b. the petrol pump is a regular sized one - it's just the bike which is messing up the proportions

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 09:40 AM   #18
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
What it is, weather warnings down south indicate there's going to be a bit of a chilly breeze or some damp drizzle, but our weather warnings for up north... blah, blah, blah....excuses, excuses, excuses....
You think Leeds is North? From someone whose just moved down from the wettest bit of Central Scotland, and has ridden over the Tomintoul pass in the Cairngorm Mountains in gale force winds and driving rain, with the bike at a 45 degree angle (with about 10 other orgers I might add!), and then ridden a 6 hour route home in minus temperatures, using gloves and gear that hadn't dried out from the previous day (with three other orger's I might add!), the last hour of which was riding on freshly falling snow. And once rode the Bealach Na Ba over to Applecross, when the entire road was in the middle of a dark grey rain cloud....

WWWWWW....USS!

You need some more winter riding holidays in Scotland matey!

You remember last winter Phil, when we woke up to two inches of snow on a day we had a rideout planned? We gave it until 1pm for the traffic to clear the snow off the roads, then four of us went out for a 150 mile blast!

Last edited by -Ralph-; 10-11-10 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-11-10, 09:44 AM   #19
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
You think Leeds is North? From someone whose just moved down from the wettest bit of Central Scotland, and has ridden over the Tomintoul pass in the Cairngorm Mountains in gale force winds and driving rain, with the bike at a 45 degree angle (with about 10 other orgers I might add!), and then ridden a 6 hour route home in minus temperatures, using gloves and gear that hadn't dried out from the previous day (with three other orger's I might add!), the last hour of which was riding on freshly falling snow. And once rode the Bealach Na Ba over to Applecross, when the entire road was in the middle of a dark grey rain cloud....
And then whines about selling his bike, yeah, yeah, before anyone else says it, I know! What can I say? I'm in touch with my feminine side.