SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 01-08-13, 09:57 AM   #1
daveyrach

Default 1999 Curvy rear caliper swap?

Hi all

So I was wondering does anyone have a serviceable 1999 Curvy rear caliper kicking around they want to give away or swap for mine as I am proper skint at the moment.

I was checking my brakes last night and at some point the pin has got seized up and someone has badly tried to drill it out, the pin is now in at a funny angle and stuck solid as they have used quick steel to plug the hole as they drilled all the way through the caliper, the holes for the pins one the pads has been modified to get the wonky pin through as well.

I'm sure someone a bit more technical than me could fix it up and re-use it or sell it on.

Any help or advice greatly received.
Old 06-08-13, 09:17 AM   #2
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: 1999 Curvy rear caliper swap?

Hi mate
Husky03 does a good job of refurbing calipers, drop him a line, not seen him on here for a while. I've have my old one kicking around at home, it would need seeing to as well but if you need it then just cover the postage and you could have it. If you want Husky to refurb it (if he doesn't have one already) then I could send it straight up to him. Anyway PM me if you need it as I'll forget to look at this thread again!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote