SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 17-12-17, 08:55 PM   #4461
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I'm going in to WYC tomorrow to look at a couple of lenses. Will take a look for you if you like.
£41 quid was a pretty fair price if you knock off the resale value of the camera.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-17, 09:33 PM   #4462
Kenzie

That would be helpful if you don't mind. No stealing it from me though! Got my eye on a Voigtlander Bessa i on eBay. It's reasonable price at the moment, but I'm sure it will rise. Want another 6x9 folder to go with my Bessa. I do have a Kodak Stirling ii but it's a bit basic.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-17, 09:45 PM   #4463
Kenzie

Johnny, did you ever get round to shooting with your Konica S after all the time you invested in it?
Old 17-12-17, 10:16 PM   #4464
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Yep I shot a test roll, it's got a great lens, I need to adjust the frame lines as they're off for close-up - they move with focus to compensate for parallax.
girasol by John Rodriguez, on Flickr
The sticky shutters could be a few problems. With the Seagull, it could be oil on the shutter blades, in areas you didn't manage to clean, that has migrated, or it could be the shutter ring is sticking again - the ring that opens and closes the shutter blades. If you mean it's hanging open then it's the escapement, depends if you just cleaned it or oiled it as well. The K1000 is a bit trickier, I'm not too au fait with SLRs. Pentaxes are known for foam turning to gunge, and in some of them there are pieces to damp the shutter curtains at the end of their travel, I think they sit in the shutter curtain tracks themselves. They turn to gunge then spread along the tracks. If it's hanging open then again it could be the escapement (wherever that is), or could be part of the the many levers etc. that aren't moving freely. Hard to say before poking around. I have an MX that needs some TLC (not my black one), some day I'll get around to it, but they're a different beast to what I'm used to.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-17, 07:01 AM   #4465
Kenzie

Its just not firing at all, just a click. It needs servcing really but I wouldn't know where to send it. My Yashicamat still works ok so its not the end of the world.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 18-12-17, 09:46 AM   #4466
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

It'll be basically the same type of shutter you'd get on a folder, once you get the external gubbins out of the way.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-17, 07:39 PM   #4467
yokohama

Sorry about the lens Kenzie but it wasn't even a 'maybe'. The shop were pretty honest about it and they'd tried to clean the marks out but failed.
I came out with an MD 70-150 f4 zoom though, and a lust for a Nikon.
Old 18-12-17, 08:12 PM   #4468
Kenzie

No worries Yoko, thanks for taking the time to look. Nikons are a money pit. Not hard to get a body, but my god, try and get a lens without having to sell a kidney! If you want something point and shoot (ie aperture priority) then there is the Nkon EM or the FG/FG20. Sadly because the lenses still use the standard F mount and are compatible with pretty much all Nikon DSLRs then people keep the lenses and dump the bodies. I had a Voigtlander Bessa turn up today, its much like the Perkeo in design and has a f3.5 lens, just noticed a couple of pin holes in the bellows. Not sure on focal length though. Its this one: http://voigtlander.pagesperso-orange.fr/previewpagesA/bessa46capotA.htm
Looks like I have scored another Baby Bessa (6x4.5 half frame)

Last edited by Kenzie; 18-12-17 at 08:27 PM.
Old 18-12-17, 08:32 PM   #4469
yokohama

That looks like a nice little folder. I haven't been lured into those yet.
I've noticed Nikon lenses are either rare, expensive or both. I think if I did go for a body, it would have to be Adaptall lenses to go on it. I was looking at an FM, I like the feel of a mechanical camera.
Actually, WYC were really good today. I have a Fujica Xmount camera and lenses for those are pretty rare. I asked about an AD2 adapter for it and he dropped one into the bag for free.
Old 18-12-17, 08:35 PM   #4470
Kenzie

Lucky you! Probably had it kicking around for ages. I actually have my FM sat next to me at the moment, it is currently sporting the 28mm Sirius lens I got from the charity shop. The winder is bust but the shutter makes a beautiful sound when fired (not as nice as a Minolta though) It also has some rather nice brassing. If you can get one at a good price then I would go for it. Edit, just seen FM and FM2 body prices, INSANE!!! There is always this: 222752916306 Or a curvy FE10 202146789104

Last edited by Kenzie; 18-12-17 at 08:43 PM.