SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-04-06, 11:06 AM   #1
DanDare

Default Britains Worst Drivers

The Winner has to be the owner of the badly beaten Green Focus round my corner!
She knows who she is ( I hope )

In one week:

1. Follow her into town, signals left - TURNS RIGHT!

2. Pulls into her drive whilst the missus was riding past on her bike.
( Apparently its her right away because its her house ) Go figure???

3. Come face to face with her in my car in tight road, and sits stairing at me with arms folded. F**k all to do with the fact it was my right of way.

4. I walk home after going jogging and she mounts my kerb before doing a u-turn in the road complete with using other peoples driveways.

Anyone else top this????????
Old 19-04-06, 11:22 AM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Britains Worst Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare
The Winner has to be the owner of the badly beaten Green Focus round my corner!
She knows who she is ( I hope )

In one week:

1. Follow her into town, signals left - TURNS RIGHT!

2. Pulls into her drive whilst the missus was riding past on her bike.
( Apparently its her right away because its her house ) Go figure???

3. Come face to face with her in my car in tight road, and sits stairing at me with arms folded. F**k all to do with the fact it was my right of way.

4. I walk home after going jogging and she mounts my kerb before doing a u-turn in the road complete with using other peoples driveways.

Anyone else top this????????
People like her need a sneeky call to the cops " i'm sure the driver of the green focus reg no XXXXXX was very drunk and drinking from a can of Super Tennants when she mounted the kerb outside my place, just thought i should let yuou know in case she crashes down the road somewhere"
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-06, 11:24 AM   #3
sharriso74

You think they would do anything. Mate of mine had his car driven into whilst stopped at a roundabout, the driver carried on driving so he drove after flashing still didn't stop went to the police with the reg and said they'd might be drinking and the police turned round and said too late to do anyting about it now.

Waste of space unless they want more money from GATOS
Old 19-04-06, 11:26 AM   #4
thor

Default Re: Britains Worst Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare
Fag break time...
Old 19-04-06, 11:27 AM   #5
El Saxo

twenty pairs of L plates stuck to the car along with 'L' and 'R' painted on each mirror (assuming she uses them) should drop a subtle hint...
Old 19-04-06, 12:00 PM   #6
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Saxo
twenty pairs of L plates stuck to the car along with 'L' and 'R' painted on each mirror (assuming she uses them) should drop a subtle hint...
and make sure you stick em on with superglue

quality idea tho
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-06, 12:01 PM   #7
Ceri JC

Woman and her husband (although mostly her) who lives next door to my mate. She/they absolutely cannot manouevre/park a car at all. One of the lads pointed out that it's possible that due to her age (about 50) she may not have had to do manouevres/parallel parking when she passed her test. My POV is that this is irrelevant and that it is her problem, not ours/and an argument for re-testing every 10 years.

She gets ****ty if we park in front of our mate's garage (comes and knocks on the door and asks for us to move), even though it in no way would make it more difficult for a competent driver to park. She has gone mental once because a friend left his car miles away from her garage while we went out for a few hours and she "couldn't get to work" because she couldn't get the car out of the garage. We have, on numerous occassions offered to do it for her and have done it once or twice to prove it can be done when we park where we do.

She seems to constantly watch out the back of her house for people about to park. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've parked up for literally 30 seconds to drop something off and she has come out to ask me to move. I mentioned I would be gone in less than a minute (and bit my tongue and didn't say, "pay my road tax and you can tell me where to ****ing park.") She said, "Okay, but make sure it is only a minute" as though she is doing me a massive favour by letting me park perfectly legally, about 20 ft away from her garage.

You'd think that someone this uppity about other driver's "lack of consideration" would be exemplary themselves. Wrong! I was reversing my bike into my mates garage and her husband forces his car into the gap blocking me (garage door was open, and I had my indicators on so it was fairly obvious what I was doing). He then has the audacity to tell me to "move your bike" as it was blocking his path. He didn't realise, until I politely pointed out to him, that there was nowhere to "move my bike" to as he had effectively pinned it between his car and a wall.

With regard to parking in the "controversial" area that seems to extend 25 ft to either side of her garage, on both sides of the road, I'd make a scene and refuse if it was outside a strangers house and tell them where to go (usually using the ominous reminder, "Don't think about doing anything to my bike/car. Remember, I know where you live..."), but it's my mate's house and I don't want to give him grief over it. Instead we have more insidious ways of getting back at her; spraying water over her back steps late at night when it's freezing, for example.

One of my mates wants us to all chip in and buy her advanced driving lessons. If I thought she'd actually do them, I'd happily do it. My mates sister thinks we're stupid/selfish for continuing to park there as we know what difficulty the neighbour has parking there. Our view is why should we have to park 50 yards away in the isolated bit of the cul de sac, where cars get broken into/vandalised all the time, because another driver is inept and cannot control their vehicle properly?
Old 19-04-06, 12:06 PM   #8
thor

Jeri, I would park your bike/car wherever you legally want to, and tell her to shove it. Tell them if they then hit your car, you will sue them.
Old 19-04-06, 12:07 PM   #9
tricky

I saw a guy in a van today trying to do a 3 point turn at some traffic lights just using one side of the road (two lanes). He was on about point 9 of his 3 point turn when I passed and perpendicular to the road with about a foot to spare at the front and back.

Did over a 1000 miles on the bike at the weekend and only had one person in a Mondeo try and kill me, which I though was pretty good going. He was very apologetic and I avoided him quite easily.
Old 19-04-06, 12:58 PM   #10
Stormspiel

I've had no end of them over the Easter weekend...

Idiot 1:
On my way to Sherburn with mum on back and Girlfriend Tailing in car...Steadily approach junction in a 30Mph and a Taxi (the big london cab jobbies) pulls out of junction forcing me to hook behind him onto other side of road. My new FIAMM Horns got a good road-test

Idiot 2:
Coming to a junction on way home from Squires, See somebody waiting to pull out and traffics heavy so i flash them out. Out they come...a whole 5 yard down the road and stop traffic flow completely by parking on double yellows 5 yards from a junction

Idiot 3:
Pouring rain this morning, Got in car to go pick bike up from mum's and Laura pulls out onto main road, still fairly dark and crap visibilty with rain so headlights and wipers a must. get 20 yards up road and a nissan navara pulls out from wrong side of road ( no lights and no indicators) and gradually edges her into kerb...I press horn and he indicates to pull into our lane, I hold the horn and flick him the V and he indicates back to opposite kerb, pulls in, we get past...another car behind him gets same treatment although this time he floors it and sneaks in front of them. Yes it's a Navara....IT might deserve respect...but you sir are a