SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-02-17, 04:43 PM   #2221
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Finally fitted the EGR blanking plate on my Zafira, as EGR valve wouldn't budge the other day. So plate & cheat fitted, and fingers crossed no more limp mode, its been good so far.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-17, 10:42 PM   #2222
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Took my nephew to London. We decided to see how much fun we could have as cheaply as possible while still having lunch.

So child fare £2 return train ticket, £2.20 TFL travel card (I already have a gold card) and then a trip to Liverpool Street. No. 11 bus which takes you from the City via St Paul's, Bank of England, the courts, Fleet Street, to Trafalgar Square. Into St Martin's in the Fields to listen to the orchestra regressing for the lunchtime concert (free), a hot chocolate uber tree church at Cafe in the Crypt (£5 but all tree profits go to the church's homeless charity). Then down to Victoria and on to a No. 24 bus. Around Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Horseguards, Whitehall, Downing Street, theatreland, Warren Street and up to Camden. A stroll through the market, vintage clothes shops etc. then lunch at Nando's (£20), back onto the bus again up to Hampstead Heath. A stroll up to Parliament Hill to catch the views over the city. Onto the Ginger line back to Stratford for a mooch around Westfield and then finally a train home. So we spent about £30 in total and had a brilliant day without even using the tube. I'm shattered now!

Old 14-02-17, 11:05 PM   #2223
Trev B

That brings back memories from about 50 years ago when I lived in Farnborough Kent,my mate and I used to get a Red Rover ticket (5 bob),and you could ride any Red bus anywhere or a Twin Rover ticket (7/6d) and that allowed you any Red bus + any underground train in London,I'm sure we rode every bus route there was and visited every u/g station there was,we visited just about every museum,art gallery,monument and tourist attraction there was and all for a few bob,Happy days !!!
Old 15-02-17, 02:37 AM   #2224
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Smile of the day - What is yours?

The thought I used to walk 15 mile a day with just tuppence farthing in my hand, cos me pocket had hole in it, and I still came home with a loaf of bread, hole in shoe and a smile on me face.
Mam were proud.

But my god, that hill on Shaftesbury weren't half steep.

Last edited by Red ones; 15-02-17 at 02:38 AM.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-17, 07:28 AM   #2225
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

There were two right little horrors sat behind us on the bus moaning to their Nan that they didn't want to be on the bus and why couldn't she pay for a taxi, saying what they wanted her to buy them later, and generally behaving like spoilt like brats.

I'm so glad I have a nephew who instead was happy to chat about the great fire and its effect on how modern London looks, the interesting details and their meaning on the older buildings and some of the modern sculptors, and the importance of green spaces in a big city. And when asked if he wanted anything in Westfield like some trainers he said no, there's nothing he needs. Most kids seem to want want want rather than look at need.
Old 15-02-17, 10:14 AM   #2226
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
I'm so glad I have a nephew who instead was happy to chat about the great fire and its effect on how modern London looks, the interesting details and their meaning on the older buildings and some of the modern sculptors, and the importance of green spaces in a big city. And when asked if he wanted anything in Westfield like some trainers he said no, there's nothing he needs. Most kids seem to want want want rather than look at need.
That's exactly what I thought reading your post. You are very lucky. Can I borrow him?
Old 15-02-17, 05:17 PM   #2227
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

The Street turned over first time today. She's not been touched since late September early October I'm a happy boy. She's not even on an optimate.

No doubt when I go to take her out for a bimble she'll decide it's not happening

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 11:42 AM   #2228
Blapper

LPH - will you be my auntie?
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-17, 08:01 PM   #2229
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blapper View Post
LPH - will you be my auntie?
Only if you're ready to do a climbing wall, trampolining and MCDonald's tomorrow morning.
Old 17-02-17, 08:37 PM   #2230
maviczap
Mega Poster

It was light at half 5 this afternoon
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote