SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Should Scotland be an independent country?
Yes 24 34.78%
No 36 52.17%
Keithd 9 13.04%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-09-14, 08:38 PM   #311
Heorot

Default Re: The Org Scottish Referendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
"In this world, one thing counts, in the bank large amounts".

I was always under the impression that life was about so much more than an economic system. However, reading this thread, and particularly the No supporter posts I feel I may be one of the only people here who feels that way.

It's a sad world in which we live....

On your marks, set.....
I've been poor and I've been rich. Rich is better!

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-14, 08:45 PM   #312
Dave-the-rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
"In this world, one thing counts, in the bank large amounts".

I was always under the impression that life was about so much more than an economic system. However, reading this thread, and particularly the No supporter posts I feel I may be one of the only people here who feels that way.

It's a sad world in which we live....

On your marks, set.....
You're not the only one who feels that way.
Old 15-09-14, 08:47 PM   #313
Spank86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
knock my door all you want as if you say something i dont like i can punch you in the face. abusive behaviour down a phone line is another thing.

i ****ed off with this whole fukin thing and the dirty underhandedness of it all so everyone can go ant take a fukin run and jump to themselves.
What part of this do you think would be abusive behaviour?

apart from the fact that they'd be committing a criminal offence if they did it down a telephone line don't you think that would be an own goal, ringing up scots to give them ****?

It'll be a list of conservative voters who have signed up to the Tory party register and they'll be issuing a script for people to ring round and encourage them to vote and give them reasons why they think the uk is better together.

As tam said, all the parties do this at general elections but they only do it to people who've given their numbers out,
Old 15-09-14, 08:52 PM   #314
MisterTommyH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
how do the conservative party know these phone numbers
Phonebook?
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-14, 08:53 PM   #315
The Basket

Saw a poster. Yes poster. Saying no more Tory governments in Scotland ever. But the conservative party is functional in Scotland so could win in an independent Scotland. So why the poster?
To me there are two no votes.
Vote no to democracy.
Or vote no to independence.
Old 16-09-14, 04:26 AM   #316
BanannaMan

Too big to keep down, the Scottish referendum is back in the news in the US more than ever.
Move over Russia, China,the US, Canada and England, Scotland and it's referendum are about to rock the entire world.

Of course the bad thing with such a close vote is that yeh or nay there are going to be a lot of unhappy people Friday morning and lots with mixed emotions as I'm sure there are already.

Too bad Wesminister didn't take this seriously sooner and made some real concessions to keep Scotland in the UK months ago.

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-14, 07:10 AM   #317
Fordward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanannaMan View Post
Too bad Wesminister didn't take this seriously sooner and made some real concessions to keep Scotland in the UK months ago.
Alex Salmonds plan for an independent Scotland is and always has been lunacy. Westminster didn't take it seriously because they never thought anyone would actually vote for it.

They are used to elections with a conservative hardcore, a labour hardcore, who's vote never changes whatever happens or whatever the manifesto says, so it's pretty much a static. Then they have a chunk of apathetic voters that can't be arsed to read a manifesto, wouldn't understand it if they did, and don't trust any party, so they don't vote. Then you have a chunk of interested and educated people who will vote, will have made their own good reasons for voting, and these are the people who they need to campaign and convince to win their votes.

They don't have a hardcore either way this us a unique vote, Scotland is very patriotic so there's less apathy (97% turnout expected), and the chunk of voters who are interested and educated have already looked at Salmonds plan and decided it's lunacy for themselves so they don't need campaigning and convincing. If there's one thing the Scots have by the bucketload over and above bravery, it's pride.

Westminster have said "ha, ha, ha, they'll never be a majority vote for Salmonds crazy plan, some stupid people will do it because they've watched Braveheart too many times, some will do it because they hated Maggie Thatcher, but common sense will preval".

What I think Westminster have missed, is the number of people who aren't voting for Salmonds plan, they are taking the only chance they'll ever have, to vote for the Independant country they've always wanted, then they'll get rid of Salmond and worry about how they actually achieve it afterwards. It's a brave move, but they don't call it Scotland the Brave for nothing.

They won't want to be seen as the country that always wanted Independance, voted in a party with that agenda, but when it came to the crunch they s#!t themselves and decided they didn't think they could make it on their own. If there's one thing the Scots have by the bucketload, over and above bravery, it's pride.

Last edited by Fordward; 16-09-14 at 07:17 AM.
Old 16-09-14, 07:14 AM   #318
Fordward

Either way, very brave or very stupid, I never need to go back and live there if I don't want to, so I wish them good luck!
Old 16-09-14, 07:40 AM   #319
Andy_J

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Basket View Post
Saw a poster. Yes poster. Saying no more Tory governments in Scotland ever. But the conservative party is functional in Scotland so could win in an independent Scotland. So why the poster?
To me there are two no votes.
Vote no to democracy.
Or vote no to independence.
The Tory's are finished in Scotland, have been for years. Their might be a Tory local HQ in Glasgow, but it's held in a phone box.

I say if the people want independence then they should go for it. I would love Scotland to vote yes. In fact I am thinking of selling my house and moving to Scotland. Why, because what has England got going for it? More imigrants, more pikeys, more chavs, more crime, more Tory's and more dole spongers.

Give me Scotland any day.

Old 16-09-14, 07:55 AM   #320
The Basket

The conservative party got about 13% of the vote in last Scottish parliament and Ruth Davidson has proven to be effective.
That's a big phone box. The only way the Yes campaign can stop any possibility is banning the conservative party.
Perhaps they too will be included in 'the day of reckoning'

Independence at any price?
That's a very silly game to play.
Its called losing.