SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-12-06, 09:08 PM   #1
Well Oiled

Default STILL GOOD RIDING WEATHER

Due to some business travel I've not been out on the bike for over 3 weeks. Got old faithful out of the garage and did the usual checks, fired her up (started instantly, as ever) and went from Derby to Matlock, then up to Chesterfield.

Sure didn't feel like December today. Only issue was the Belper-Matlock strecth is in the valley and there's a lot of shade, damp patches, dead leaves in places. Apart from that - one of the most enjoyable rides of the year.
Old 02-12-06, 10:20 PM   #2
chazzyb

Damp patches? Pah! You should have tried Kent today! Not raining, but filthy, wet roads.
Old 02-12-06, 10:54 PM   #3
netsurfer

Nice day here in N.I. too, but no bike to enjoy it (yet)

Pete
Old 03-12-06, 02:41 AM   #4
wheelnut

Going to try and get out tomorrow Keith. had lots of work and time away from the shed so will need to get some miles under my belt.

Might see you around the area :P
Old 03-12-06, 09:31 AM   #5
Well Oiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelnut
Going to try and get out tomorrow Keith. had lots of work and time away from the shed so will need to get some miles under my belt.

Might see you around the area :P
What about the Burton toy run next weekend? (See Moo's post in MIGTs area).
Old 03-12-06, 10:18 AM   #6
Beenz

Default Re: STILL GOOD RIDING WEATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Oiled
Due to some business travel I've not been out on the bike for over 3 weeks. Got old faithful out of the garage and did the usual checks, fired her up (started instantly, as ever) and went from Derby to Matlock, then up to Chesterfield.

Sure didn't feel like December today. Only issue was the Belper-Matlock strecth is in the valley and there's a lot of shade, damp patches, dead leaves in places. Apart from that - one of the most enjoyable rides of the year.
A cracking run that if I remember, I used to go on plenty of rallys up there, half the time near the Hollybush Inn 'somewhere in Derbyshire' (dunno if it's still there now) back in the early eighties, A time before fairings Been to Matlock loads of times, one of the things I miss about living in the Midlands. Roads around here are prety good though, even better in Wales.