SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-02-07, 10:26 PM   #1
Dysparunia

Thumbs up Sensible (web) sight this

Reading some of the many threads that are posted here I can't help thinking what good & balanced views are so often posted.

People freely post about what they've done, good and bad. And in particular it's the bad that impresses me. When people talk about breaking the law (speeding/exhausts etc etc), it's nearly always done sensibly, there's almost (infact I can't recall any) bigging up of this (as in "yoooo, dude, thats so cool to ride like an ****").

When it's discussed people seem to generally keep things in perspective (eg: a slightly fruity pipe on the M25 probably aint all that significant, going 60mph past a school's a daft thing to do). But there's rarely any personal persecution (with the possible exception of against Hovi........just kidding).

Maybe it's as a result of the type of bike the sv650 is (a fast bike, but not "all out").

When I first (and not even a year yet) started biking I was slightly aprehensive about the type of people I would be associated with, but have yet to be proven right in my pessimisim.

So keep it up the org'ers.

Last edited by Dysparunia; 25-02-07 at 10:26 PM. Reason: missed out the it in the last line
Old 25-02-07, 10:28 PM   #2
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Default Re: Sensible (web) sight this

Some of us are mad you know.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-07, 10:39 PM   #3
Grinch

Well I never, in all my years I've never hear'd such clap trap! You should be ashamed...

And I really mean that...
Old 25-02-07, 10:41 PM   #4
Tim in Belgium

"I am an F B I agent," well no, I'm watching Point Break for the 243rd time.

Vaguely balanced, when I really tit it up I daren't tell anyone, let alone you lot off the internet, some of whom I've met once!
Old 25-02-07, 11:51 PM   #5
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
Some of us are mad you know.
Some?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
when I really tit it up I daren't tell anyone, let alone you lot off the internet, some of whom I've met once!
Amen! There's some stuff that you just don't say, unless it's to mates that don't have a bike, and so wouldn't really understand. Even then, I get called a complete t*t in the pub now & again.
Old 26-02-07, 12:15 AM   #6
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
"I am an F B I agent," well no, I'm watching Point Break for the 243rd time.
I started watching it with the wife but she had to do some eBaying but has promised to watch it with me on DVD in the near future

The film Hot Fuzz had reminded me of Point Break and how good it is.

After that I was sat in the kitchen with knifing putty and very fine wet and dry sorting out my RHS fairing panel to remove some scuffs before a rideout this weekend.