SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-07-19, 08:45 PM   #7491
zsv650s

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
There are two sections at the top of the forum. One is called "SV Talk, Tuning, and Tweaking" and the other is "Bikes - Talk & Issues". These are the areas in which to discuss motorcycles and motorcycle related subjects.

This bit of the forum is called Idle Banter, and is, I quote "For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour".

I'd be pleased if folks did not attempt to shut down conversations and threads about non bike related stuff here, as this is the correct place for this stuff to be aired.

If it gets out of hand the mods have the wisdom and ability to lock threads where necessary.
Tbf we are all going to end up get ****ed off with each other if it carried on up to you though.
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-19, 08:52 PM   #7492
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650s View Post
Tbf we are all going to end up get ****ed off with each other if it carried on up to you though.
You haven't been on this forum long, this is quite mild compared to other toxic threads.

Let the banter continue in this thread, you don't have to read it, just unsubscribe from it, it's for people to let off some steam in these crazy times
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-19, 09:30 PM   #7493
zsv650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
You haven't been on this forum long, this is quite mild compared to other toxic threads.

Let the banter continue in this thread, you don't have to read it, just unsubscribe from it, it's for people to let off some steam in these crazy times
Actually been on it for years this is a new username as I couldn't recover the old one I'm up for a good debate.
Old 27-07-19, 05:44 PM   #7494
shiftin_gear98

What like a mass debate. (snigger)

As usual I have no valid input.
Politics is so full of useless lying ****ing muppets who tell the sheep who follow them what they want to hear, only to do something completely different the following day if it suits them better. That these days it's hard to pick one ****tard from the other.

Anyhow let the debate continue.

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 27-07-19 at 05:51 PM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-19, 05:58 PM   #7495
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I don't agree with every opinion voiced here but I don't like censorship either. It's good to hear another opinion as it sometimes makes you consider a different perspective. So I don't intervene with these discussions unless it gets abusive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 27-07-19, 06:20 PM   #7496
zsv650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
What like a mass debate. (snigger)

As usual I have no valid input.
Politics is so full of useless lying ****ing muppets who tell the sheep who follow them what they want to hear, only to do something completely different the following day if it suits them better. That these days it's hard to pick one ****tard from the other.

Anyhow let the debate continue.
do you know what this 100%
Old 27-07-19, 07:16 PM   #7497
Seeker
Mega Poster

Our country has problems, many of them self inflicted. So how is one member of the new cabinet getting on top of them?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49137619

I feel a "Good Grief" coming on...

Good Grief!

...and that is Mr. Seeker Esq. to you plebs. (can someone move these poor people, they are spoiling my view)

Last edited by Seeker; 27-07-19 at 07:18 PM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-19, 11:34 PM   #7498
Talking Heads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYpR52etUoQ
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 05:55 AM   #7499
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Heads View Post

Good one.
I found a speech...

I, Jacob Greased-Frog, would like to announce my plan for the country, and Nanny says it is a good one. A wall will be
built from the Wash to Anglesey so the Northern Poor House can be properly established.

The coal mines will be reopened and coal power stations built in the NPH to supply clean electricity to the south and to the north
if there is spare capacity. Education in the NPH will end at 11 years and urchins will either work in the fields,
down the mines or up the chimneys depending on their size. Once the meddlesome EU health and safety directives
are out of the way things will become much more profitable.

Soon, we will have happy bunches of chimney sweeps singing along on the rooftops and field workers doffing their caps as we pass. Charming.
The NHS will only look after healthy people which will save a fortune. Birth control will be abolished in the NPH since there will be a constant demand
for labourers with natural wastage and their short lifespans taking its toll. Regrettable.

The privilege of living in the south will be determined by net worth (housing excluded), the threshold will be raised yearly and if anyone does
not qualify they will be relocated in the NPH. Shame.
On the other hand this will allow my estate to be expanded, so the news is not all bad.

Once my mouthpiece Bojo has had the rest of his brain removed and will only speak when I permit it I will be recognised as the
power behind the scenes and I expect to receive the homour I deserve.

I, Jacob Diseased-Dog, will then truly be a Tory With A Title.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-19, 06:51 AM   #7500
Othen

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I don't agree with every opinion voiced here but I don't like censorship either. It's good to hear another opinion as it sometimes makes you consider a different perspective. So I don't intervene with these discussions unless it gets abusive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi Admin,

I’m not comfortable with this any more. Please delete my SV650.org account.

Thank you.

Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk