SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-09-08, 10:28 PM   #1
thinone

Default No smoking

gave up 21 days ago and all seems well

went up to Scotland last week 3 less stops on the way as I didn't NEED to pull in for a fag!
Old 04-09-08, 10:32 PM   #2
ThEGr33k

Default Re: No smoking

GOOD! Nothing worse than smokers
Old 04-09-08, 10:35 PM   #3
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
GOOD! Nothing worse than smokers
What, not even rapist or murderers?!?! Bit harsh don't ya think?

Gave up a little while ago and still have the urge for a fag every now and then but it goes quickly. Besides, I don't like the taste anymore!

Congrats on giving up and hope it stays that way.

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-08, 10:37 PM   #4
anna
Mega Poster

...almost 4 weeks for me... just had to stop and count how long it had been!
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-08, 10:38 PM   #5
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
What, not even rapist or murderers?!?! Bit harsh don't ya think?
OK... Nothing worse to smell on a fine lady... Puts me RIGHT off
Old 04-09-08, 10:51 PM   #6
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Quote:
What, not even a poorly washed groin?!?!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-08, 10:52 PM   #7
dirtsk8

I wanted to stop for years and despite several attempts, I always failed miserably. Then I joined my local mountainbike forum and we all agreed on a meetup a few weeks down the line. We all did the usual talking-yourself-up stuff that happens before the actual event and when the big day arrived, I went to the meet and was met by what can only be described as a bunch of finely-tuned athletes, all thin as whippets and twice as fit. Back then I was smoking about 40 to 50 roll-ups per day - usually a packet of papers between waking and going to bed. 7 days a week.

Well, all my big-up talking came back to bite me in the as$ as they had to wait for me every mile or so. To say I was embarassed is to understate it by lightyears. I decided there and then to stop smoking and I've not had even a single puff since. That was February 2007 and I'm still going strong. I get the urge now and then, but it's so worth it. Now, I'm by no means first in the pack, but at least I keep up with the whippets easily.

When I think of it, I'm very annoyed with myself for not quitting sooner. I started smoking at age 13 and stopped at age 38. What a waste of everything.
Old 04-09-08, 10:54 PM   #8
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
What, not even a poorly washed groin?!?!
Well... I suppose that aint so great either. But thats easy to fix. "Get in that shower you dirty little *****".

Ha ha
Old 04-09-08, 10:57 PM   #9
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsk8 View Post
I wanted to stop for years and despite several attempts, I always failed miserably. Then I joined my local mountainbike forum and we all agreed on a meetup a few weeks down the line. We all did the usual talking-yourself-up stuff that happens before the actual event and when the big day arrived, I went to the meet and was met by what can only be described as a bunch of finely-tuned athletes, all thin as whippets and twice as fit. Back then I was smoking about 40 to 50 roll-ups per day - usually a packet of papers between waking and going to bed. 7 days a week.

Well, all my big-up talking came back to bite me in the as$ as they had to wait for me every mile or so. To say I was embarassed is to understate it by lightyears. I decided there and then to stop smoking and I've not had even a single puff since. That was February 2007 and I'm still going strong. I get the urge now and then, but it's so worth it. Now, I'm by no means first in the pack, but at least I keep up with the whippets easily.

When I think of it, I'm very annoyed with myself for not quitting sooner. I started smoking at age 13 and stopped at age 38. What a waste of everything.
Good to hear you have! Good going!
Old 04-09-08, 11:05 PM   #10
thinone

Quote:
you must be the right ANGEL