SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 25-07-11, 09:24 AM   #3361
kellyjo

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

It seems to be the story of my bl00dy life!! When I was in hospital though I was on a ward with women with bowel cancer so that soon put my problems back into perspective!!

Anyway, more positive stuff - im feeling fine now, removed the fairings, seat and tank from my bike (which was a bit scary!) and am ready to remove the fuel filter when the new 'un arrives, remove and clean the tap and stick it all back together again later in the week.

The timings typical though, its school hols, the suns shining, the kids are at their dads til wednesday and my bikes in a hundred pieces!!!

Sat on the new CBR600F at the bike show and am in lurve , as soon as the kids are back in school and i can get a regular job, it will be mine!!!
Old 25-07-11, 09:42 AM   #3362
maviczap
Mega Poster

Yep, not the best weekend for you KJ, still worse things happen at sea
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-11, 07:18 PM   #3363
kellyjo

Id advise you all to avoid lincolnshire this weekend - there'll be storms, floods and plagues of locusts guaranteed - i've just booked a weekends camping in Skegness for me and my mini-me's!!
Old 28-07-11, 07:39 PM   #3364
maviczap
Mega Poster

Great, first time I'll be heading that way with work and you're going to put a weather curse on me

Bad enough getting drenched at Euro Disney last week

French + July = warm sunny weather - Non!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-11, 10:15 AM   #3365
svrich

Well, it's judgement day today. I'm back to hospital this afternoon for more x-rays and a decision by the fracture clinic doctor on whether I need various bits of metal to hold my ankle together or not. I must admit that the idea of surgery doesn't fill me with joy but I guess if it's the best thing for me I can't argue against it. I am holding on to the thought that I may just need a full cast though. Fingers crossed.
And as my diary for the next 8-12 weeks is empty, form an orderly que to come and sign the cast
And, any ideas for what I can do while I'm sat on my ****, other that watching crappy TV. It's been a week already so I've seen all the Top Gear reruns on Dave!
Old 11-08-11, 11:01 AM   #3366
kellyjo

Hope it goes well and you dont need surgery Rich, let us know how you get on x

Im back at Addenbrookes tomorrow, cant decide car or bike?? The car is reliable but have to pay parking, the bike is cheaper and quicker on A14 but may not get me there....
Old 11-08-11, 11:44 AM   #3367
svrich

Rollerskates?
Cheers KJ. Are you in for a check up?
Old 11-08-11, 01:49 PM   #3368
maviczap
Mega Poster

Have it chopped off

Only kidding, hope they sort it out.

As for things to do? Tv's not going to get any better.

At the moment I've got a bored teenager watching a boxed set of 'Outnumbered' although that is much better than Hannah Montana

Could lend you boxed set of Dads Army, Star Trek (original series), Band of Brothers, Colditz, Star Wars, etc

Having gone through 10 weks of post op recovery I know how it feels. Luckily I was off during the Tour De France, so I was quite happy in the afternoons, but morning Tv sucks.

Otherwise its jigsaw puzzles or model aeroplanes
Old 11-08-11, 03:38 PM   #3369
kellyjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrich View Post
Cheers KJ. Are you in for a check up?
No, I have a mysterious vanishing/appearing kidney stone!!
Apparently its 12mm wide, so not small, and I was first diagnosed with it last september. But in December they x-rayed and said it had gone. Then in January it was back. March it was gone, and April it was back again. So in June I spent a day on the ward waiting for an op to get rid of it but got sent home cos they couldnt find my notes, then went back a week later for the op, which they did, but then said they couldn't find it!! What a furkin shambles!!!

Anyway, 4 weeks ago I was in A&E in absolute agony and was told it was just the after-effects of the previous op, and two weeks ago I was back in A&E again, supposedly passing a stone from the other side (which has never ever shown up on any scan!!). But the scan they did whilst i was in shows the original stone is still there, so tomorrow im seeing the consultant to ask him what the **** is going on, why he couldnt find a 12mm stone in a 2mm tube, and what he intends to do about it now cos im walking around feeling like a ticking timebomb. If this thing tries to move im in serious trouble.

I hate to speak ill of Addenbrookes because I have been under their neurologists for the last year and they have done amazing things for me.

However, the trouble ive had with sorting this bleddy kidney stone is beyond a joke and I dont know what to think tbh. It shows up on ct scans, but not xrays and when they go to find it they cant. I cant help but thinking its not a kidney stone but something else. Im intrigued to hear his explanation of tomorrow as to why they didnt find it when its very apparent on the scans, and i cant wait to see if they find it when they try looking again, which hopefully they will do SOON!!!

Sorry for the rant, but this is really doing my head in!!! That'll teach you to ask xx

Last edited by kellyjo; 11-08-11 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-08-11, 09:06 PM   #3370
svrich

Go Kelly!
I feel for you though. I hope it gets sorted for you, I know what having to wait can do to a person.
Anyway, I'm back into hospital tommorrow afternoon as we decided that surgery was the best way to go. The heel joint has moved about 1.5mm to one side and there could be a future risk of premature joint wear etc if they don't operate. So they are going to plate the outside break and screw it on, and wire the other side (because they can't screw it as the broken off piece is too small and would shatter if they tried to drill it!). With any luck the op will be finished before tea time and they'll keep me in over night to keep an eye on swelling etc before casting me up and sending me back home. My wife did ask what the alternative would be (not having surgery and just going for a full cast) and the consultant said that I wouldn't be able to put any weight on the leg for 8 weeks and that it would be in a cast for probably 12 weeks.
A good decision was made I think.
Mav, thanks for the dvd offers. I may call on you. A friend came round last night with a 30 day trial for Love Film so I'll give that a try. And dad came over tonight with an indoor helocopter and mums DS, and a Meccano set that makes a digger so I have a few things to keep me going. I also have my old nitro r/c car in the garage that needs a good clean up before I can run it down the local park, that I can get to on.... a mobility scooter
One of dads friends hasn't used it for a couple of years and has loanded it to me for the duration. Que photo op of knee down on my drive
The good things keep coming too. Mother-in-law brought me round a 12 box of Krispy Kreme's. By the time I'm back on two feet I'm going to be a complete biffa!