SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-12-08, 12:19 AM   #1
keithd

Default NFL thread....

dunno if any of you cats and kittens watch American football - and please note this isnt an oppo to bash the game - but if you do you gotta hand it to my boys the Miami dolphins. last year finished 1-15 this year made it to the play offs finishing 11-5. they won't win the superbowl but an awesome effort, great turnaround.

special note to Brett favre tho, poss played his last ever game - a thorn in many teams sides, so many records broken not least most consequetive starts
Old 29-12-08, 09:35 AM   #2
Stig

Default Re: NFL thread....

Not many fans then.
Old 29-12-08, 09:38 AM   #3
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

I'm ecstatic that the dolphins have made the play-offs after last seasons farce.
Old 29-12-08, 10:01 AM   #4
keithd

yay! a reply!!! I had a feeling it wasn't going to be my most popular thread but hoped for more tbh
Old 29-12-08, 10:10 AM   #5
stewie

Brett Favre is going for an MRI today for his injured shoulder, probably wont be playing next year, he will go down as one of the toughest QB,s in modern times though, my bets on the Colts and Giants for the big one, my lot ,the Rams, slumped to a 2 - 14 season, next year for us again
Old 29-12-08, 10:26 AM   #6
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Although undoubtably one of 'the greats' - IMO Favre made a mistake in revoking his retirement & playing the extra year.

I'm trying to find out if any other team in NFL history has done what the Dolphins have done - gone from the worst record in 1 yr (1 - 15) to the play-offs the following year - not neccessarilt the greatest record, but then they do already hold that one - the ONLY unbeaten team through the course of a season (1972)
Old 29-12-08, 10:33 AM   #7
RichT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox View Post
Although undoubtably one of 'the greats' - IMO Favre made a mistake in revoking his retirement & playing the extra year.
+1

Eagles fan, but I can't see them doing anything special in the playoff's.
Old 29-12-08, 10:33 AM   #8
keithd

i can save you that trouble Voxy, Dolphins now have the best season following a 1-15 season. previous best was 8-6 i believe....

see what the Lions do next season!!
Old 29-12-08, 10:34 AM   #9
stewie

I think you,re right about the dolphins, the Buccaneers were pretty appalling for a long time though, I can remember seeing the fans wearing pumpkins on there heads to avoid the embarassment of watching them, think I,ll be doing the same for the Rams soon
Old 29-12-08, 10:53 AM   #10
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

I remember those days too !!

They were also responsible for one of the few instances of crowd violence in American Football - the fans got so frustrated they tore up the seats & threw them at the players !!