SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-07-10, 07:29 PM   #1
danf1234

Default Renthal Bar 998cc.com Conversion

I have given up with the risers from banditmania as they are still giving me wrist ache. I think I am going to push the boat out and get the riser kit from 998cc.com.

Has anyone got any thoughts or picks of the actual improvments that this kit gives.

Failing this I sell the bike with 400 miles on it, which I really really don't want to have to do!
Old 05-07-10, 11:46 PM   #2
Paul1984

Default Re: Renthal Bar 998cc.com Conversion

Had the kit on for a week now and what a difference.I sit completely upright now and the are pretty wide so very comfortable.
Old 06-07-10, 07:15 AM   #3
LankyIanB

My wife's '04 SV has this conversion - it's excellent, really comfortable and the bike's handling with the conversion is still beautifully balanced. The standard of the kit that comes from 998cc is excellent, the top yoke is a work of art!

In terms of seating position, I find that I'm not sitting absolutely straight, BMW GS style, I'm a bit leant forward, it's quite similar to my FZ1-s. However I am very tall which may impact this somewhat....

The only extra thing the bike needed after the conversion was a slightly higher screen as the standard one is a bit low for the new seating position

Ian
Old 06-07-10, 09:07 AM   #4
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I fitted one to Speedy's K3 prior to the GMIII. Previously 200 mile rides would give pains in her wrists / arms / shoulders and multi-day trips would be a test of her endurance, she was almost crippled on our trip to Europe a couple of years ago.

She completed the 1800 miles we did on our Scotland trip, including 5 or 6 back to back days, without much (if any) pain in the normal places. Now she just suffers from numb bum like the rest of us!

I'll get her to post her views in here, seeing as it's still new but many miles completed.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-10, 09:35 AM   #5
Speedy Claire

Would agree with all LP says... the conversion kit is the best money I have ever spent on my bike and I only wish i`d have done it sooner as it would have saved me a lot of pain. I was even thinking of changing the bike to something a bit more comfortable for me as I realistically didn`t think i`d be able to put up with the aches and pains for much longer.

The first day of proper riding with the kit was a 9 hour jaunt up to Scotland, I both felt and looked more comfortable and I couldn`t believe that I did that trip without any neck/back/shoulder/wrist/arm pain. The more upright riding position is so comfortable and whereas normally I would still be suffering from aches and pains the following day (even after a very short ride) I woke up the next morning and found it incredible that I was painfree.

I also found that the bike handles so much better with the new kit. I didn`t think I had any problems with slow speed control but with the kit it`s amazing and so easy! On bends and corners the bike just seems to tip in so much easier and it gave me a lot more confidence to lean more into the bend.... I think this may have been due to a combination of the new bars but also the more upright riding position meant I had a better line of vision and was able to see more on approaching the bend and therefore better assess the bend.

The only problem I have found is that due to the wider bars it`s a bit of a pain trying to get the bike thru my back gate and it involves a lot of leaning and wriggling but the advantages the kit provides totally compensate for this.

I would urge you to at least try this kit before changing your bike.... I`m sure that like me and all the other riders who have this kit you`ll be singing it`s praises and loving the SV again.
Old 06-07-10, 10:06 AM   #6
danf1234

Is it wrist and back pain that you suffered with.
Old 06-07-10, 11:45 AM   #7
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf1234 View Post
Is it wrist and back pain that you suffered with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
I couldn`t believe that I did that trip without any neck/back/shoulder/wrist/arm pain.
Amongst other things.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-10, 03:20 PM   #8
Matts-Yokes

Dan,

Its 25% discount for forum members Buy it you wont be disappointed.

Ta! Matt
Old 06-07-10, 04:21 PM   #9
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Still waiting for my kit

Hope I get it before my holidays because I'm planning to do a fair few miles
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-10, 04:34 PM   #10
Matts-Yokes

Darren,

It will be done this week, i am spending time on it tomorrow now my work load has eased a bit. You need to phone me to pay for it. 07894 900971

Ta!
Matt