SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-12-08, 07:29 PM   #501
Stig

Default Re: The running thread!

I have put iodine on my blisters (I only screamed a little bit), they have healed nice and quickly. Will probably go for another run tomorrow.
Old 26-12-08, 08:12 PM   #502
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
I have put iodine on my blisters (I only screamed a little bit), they have healed nice and quickly. Will probably go for another run tomorrow.
good work.

i'm considering a run tomorrow. had a cold and cough for a week so haven't run for ages. still a bit wheezy so not sure how it'll go.
Old 26-12-08, 09:14 PM   #503
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
your not a proper runner unless you spit lots.

Are you dressing adequately for the weather you are running in? You need make sure you are warm enough. I know you will get hot during your run, but you have to get there first. I always wear two thin long sleeved tops and a waterproof jacket. I also wear a hat until I am proper warm and also wear gloves.
But it's proper disgusting flem stuff

I've got tight trousers and a long sleeve top. Both are clima365. I had a jacket on the first time I went out but I was too hot
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-08, 04:31 PM   #504
Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
good work.

i'm considering a run tomorrow. had a cold and cough for a week so haven't run for ages. still a bit wheezy so not sure how it'll go.
I hope you wrap up a little warmer on your run if your are out today Sarah as it is lot colder than it has been.

I have not long got back in from my run and I am still defrosting and feel like I have brain freeze and that is with wearing a fleece hat!!
Old 27-12-08, 05:34 PM   #505
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyinleather View Post
I hope you wrap up a little warmer on your run if your are out today Sarah as it is lot colder than it has been.

I have not long got back in from my run and I am still defrosting and feel like I have brain freeze and that is with wearing a fleece hat!!
I gave it a miss today still coughing loads.

Maybe tomorrow. I really want to try out the new stuff I got for christmas: a fabby windproof running jacket and some lycra bottoms that come past my knees, only had short shorts up until now.
Old 27-12-08, 05:36 PM   #506
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyinleather View Post

Just got back in myself. Tis a tad cold. My you know what is freezing and shrivelled.

6 miles in 50 minutes. Not bad I guess. Could do better. Enjoyed it though.
Old 27-12-08, 06:35 PM   #507
Foxy

Quote:
Just got back in myself. Tis a tad cold. My you know what is freezing and shrivelled.

6 miles in 50 minutes. Not bad I guess. Could do better. Enjoyed it though.
That is great Si and with the extra mile, you enjoyed it that is the main thing . Times will come later
Old 27-12-08, 08:45 PM   #508
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
only had short shorts up until now.
Who wears short shorts?
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-08, 09:33 AM   #509
sarah

wooooo, been for a run. only a little one (my lungs weren't too impressed by the end, i wish this stupid chesty cough would go away).

and i love my new running kit
Old 28-12-08, 09:48 AM   #510
Stig

Quote:
wooooo, been for a run. only a little one (my lungs weren't too impressed by the end, i wish this stupid chesty cough would go away).

and i love my new running kit
Nice one Sarah. I am sure the run will have helped to clear your chest as well.