SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-11-08, 07:43 PM   #1
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default car questions, 2 or them

1st:

battery in the car died on Sunday, jumped it off my brothers car, belted it up the motorway a few times to check battery was definitely buggered, it was, so put new one in and now i have a small problem

you know that auto window thingy your car has, when you hold the window down button then let go the windows carry on going down or up, well first of all it didnt work at all now drivers side works but passengers doesnt, also the auto remember position thing when you hold the unlock button on the fob has stopped working (the one where you walk up to the car unlock it and the windows go down to the last position)

now im guesing that this is going to result in a trip to vauxhall and a plug in to the diagnostic computer doohicky, but was just woundering if i could have popped anything from jumping it? e.i. easy fix

2nd

i keep going through batteries in the key fob, i've had the car since aprill and gone through my forth battery today

any ideas

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-08, 07:47 PM   #2
keithd

Default Re: car questions, 2 or them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post

2nd

i keep going through batteries in the key fob, i've had the car since aprill and gone through my forth battery today

any ideas
4 batteries just today? stop buying your batteries at Blackbushe Market i say....

HTH
Old 18-11-08, 09:22 PM   #3
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: car questions, 2 or them

problem 1 solved by andy.s cheers buddy

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote