SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-04-11, 12:09 AM   #1
madmaxlp2002

Default Video of bike with open pipe.

Okay I was wondering if I did this mod to my bike with the same tail pipe would it screw my engine up? There looks to be no back pressure, and accoding to my local supersport dealer there needs to be back pressure because it would jack my engine up he said. The law in my state doesn't care too much about loud bikes, my last one didnt have baffles and was straight piped and jetted (really loud) never even was pulled over on it. I love this video, I want my bike to sound like this, sounds just like a my old harley. You know what they say" loud pipes save lives"... lol. So I believe the bike in this video is straight piped with yoshimura piping, BUT I CANNOT FIND THIS ONE ANYWHERE ON THE NET! So if you can help me find it thatd be awesome, and when I put it on I'll put up the video.

p.s let me know what you think of it opinion etc....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZMwS...E35C2D&index=1
Old 20-04-11, 12:16 AM   #2
-Ralph-

Default Re: ATTENTON: Watch this video!

Who's Attenton? And why does he need to watch the video?

Last edited by -Ralph-; 20-04-11 at 12:17 AM.
Old 20-04-11, 12:29 AM   #3
madmaxlp2002

That "attention" was just to get people to look, see it worked you did. Also he, she or you could watch it....lol.
Old 20-04-11, 12:31 AM   #4
husky03
Mega Poster

lot of $hite-just like running your bike with no can and its sounds as bad as it looks-you can't beat a decent well made exhaust-if you want your bike to sound like that change it for a harley gayrod and buy some leather chaps.
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-11, 12:40 AM   #5
ThEGr33k

You couldnt ride that mate. My bike is hardly muffled and its on the edge of too much! Harleys arnt a patch on the noise that SV you linked to will make even with straight pipes...

As to back pressure, there is no such thing strictly speaking, what people refer to as back pressure is the restriction that a standard exhaust puts on the gas flow.

If you free up the exhaust and allow more flow it means that there is more air in the engine, this in turn makes the engine run leaner, this can do damage if its too extreme!

So the simple answer is, dont do it its too much! And it will need the engine mapping after such a massive improvement in air flow.

Last edited by ThEGr33k; 20-04-11 at 12:44 AM.
Old 20-04-11, 12:41 AM   #6
madmaxlp2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky03 View Post
lot of $hite-just like running your bike with no can and its sounds as bad as it looks-you can't beat a decent well made exhaust-if you want your bike to sound like that change it for a harley gayrod and buy some leather chaps.
LOL, wow didnt know scottland had REDNEX you dueche bag! Oh and in case you don't know what a dueche bag is I left you the definition!!!

Dueche Bag

1. **** Cleaner
2. Jerk
3. Fancy purse

1. "hey Ashley, have you seen my dueche bag? I need my **** squeaky clean for prom night."

2.Jim:"Hey Tom, I kinda nailed your sister last night." Tom: " dude your such a deuche bag, she's only 13"

3." Mr.Hennington bought me the perfect douche bag for my birthday, it matches my favorite dress"
chaps.[/QUOTE]
Old 20-04-11, 12:45 AM   #7
husky03
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxlp2002 View Post
LOL, wow didnt know scottland had REDNEX you dueche bag! Oh and in case you don't know what a dueche bag is I left you the definition!!!

Dueche Bag

1. **** Cleaner
2. Jerk
3. Fancy purse

1. "hey Ashley, have you seen my dueche bag? I need my **** squeaky clean for prom night."

2.Jim:"Hey Tom, I kinda nailed your sister last night." Tom: " dude your such a deuche bag, she's only 13"

3." Mr.Hennington bought me the perfect douche bag for my birthday, it matches my favorite dress"
chaps.
[/QUOTE]

pity you can't spell sucka-you know what a bawbag is?- go look at your mom its the thing hitting her chin.

Last edited by husky03; 20-04-11 at 12:46 AM.
Old 20-04-11, 12:48 AM   #8
madmaxlp2002

Quote:

pity you can't spell sucka-you know what a bawbag is?- go look at your mom its the thing hitting her chin.[/QUOTE]

I assuming you cant spell"wanka" or is it ******?

wank·er (wngkr)
n. Chiefly British Vulgar Slang 1. A person who **********s.
2. A detestable person
Old 20-04-11, 12:55 AM   #9
husky03
Mega Poster

retard -if you knew the rules regarding the u rating you'd understand why i spelt it like i did-or are you George Bush in disguise??????
Old 20-04-11, 01:08 AM   #10
madmaxlp2002

Quote:
retard -if you knew the rules regarding the u rating you'd understand why i spelt it like i did-or are you George Bush in disguise??????
you got me fagg, get a life......