Old 03-08-09, 07:18 PM   #31
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: AR09 Campsite Comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
Jim was happy to have us
I think this is a very important point. It is difficult to find a site that will happily host a group of the size we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie View Post
He understands fully about the showers and loos and now he has planning permission and local authority license he will do them all up properly.
I really think that'll help him with his site and he'll get the best out of his field then.

I cant comment on the bacon rolls / food as I didnt eat any of it as we brought our own grub. But lets not spoil our memories of what was a wanderful weekend, looks to me that the whole thing was positively received with perhaps just a few small niggles rather than a huge disaster, lets not get this out of proportion please.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 07:26 PM   #32
phil24_7
Mega Poster

This is not a moan at the organisers at all, or the orgers that put time and effort in, but the the food was well below my expectations.

Other than that I echo what most others have said.

None of it managed to overshadow a brilliant weekend though.

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 08:17 PM   #33
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Hey...dare I say it, but if small improvements were made, I'd love to be there again for another AR*

*of course I must stipulate that all ARs held there would have to be called Annual Rideout South England...sorry hehehe

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 08:43 PM   #34
Baldyman

Can only comment on what I saw, ate or drank!
Cracking food, a super pub atmosphere and a brilliant mine host, young lad behind the bar (James?) drove me and Joy back to the motel as he didn't want us ripped off by the taxis!!

Oh yeah and loads of really dubious two wheeled, raucous field dwellers

Last edited by Baldyman; 03-08-09 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-08-09, 08:52 PM   #35
MrsT

As a newbie and this being my first AR I have to say I really enjoyed the experience. Met some really great guys and look forward to seeing some of them again in Devon.
Campsite was great for the type of weekend we wanted - just a basic chilled time and some fun. Was great of Jim to let us have such a big fire - Rich and Phil seemed to really enjoy the cave man experience!! and Kate and I were just enjoying having a laugh!
Agree with the shower thing being seperate but have to say at least they were nice and warm and not just a dribble (on the bright side)
Food was a little disappointing - however it filled a hole.
Thanks to all for organising and I look forward to more fun and frivolities in Devon and then again next AR.

Last edited by MrsT; 03-08-09 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-08-09, 09:00 PM   #36
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldyman View Post
young lad behind the bar (James?) drove me and Joy back to the motel as he didn't want us ripped off by the taxis!!
yup EssexDave and Pegasus got a lift back with the lass behind the bar to the motel Saturday. They asked for a taxi number though.

They all were thoroughly pleasant people

Oh and Mrs T is right, the showers weren't just a dribble, i almost burnt myself on the first attempt too

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 09:29 PM   #37
Lucas

a music/dance tent could be fun

Old 03-08-09, 09:44 PM   #38
Warthog

I thought the showers were actually nice and powerful and hot! Having a naked man next to me was just a bonus.
Old 03-08-09, 09:46 PM   #39
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I thought the showers were actually nice and powerful and hot! Having a naked man next to me was just a bonus.

that depends on who it was?
Old 03-08-09, 09:53 PM   #40
laMon

There's a time and place for everything, but where can you have a coffee in the middle of a field under a tent provided by someone else, organised by someone else, brought in by some one else and cleaned up by someone else?!!! AND park your bike and a tent and fill their drains to the brink and explode them (!) (who's helmet got the $hite?) Then test ride the bikes and do hand brake turns in cars all for 10 tenner a night? And get a goody bag, smiling barman that never has a strop, booze that is not sold by them being consumed in copious amounts...if you ask me...it was a bargain...this is the greedy south and we were in Essex! If and when Eddie Jordan comes for a Hog Roast all the above will not be possible.
I COULD tell you some of the horror stories of the commercialiesed greedy Poles in Zakopane, I will not set my foot there again!
Integrity before profit IMHO. That is what we had. It's only to be thank for.
So thank you Sally and all of the rest who work so hard to deliver a GRAND AR09